Team Lead , Private Equity Admin
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
A vacancy has arisen in our Private Equity (PE) Operations team. This is a team of who offer a first class service to a large PE client and work as a close team to ensure deliverables are met.
You will be working as a Team leader within the investments team whilst providing additional support to the wider team that administers a large secondary fund client with an active investment portfolio.
Key components of the role include liaising with internal teams and the Investment Advisor, completion of cash management tasks, completion of all aspects of investor administration and dealing with ad-hoc queries as they arise, all within scheduled timeframes and ensuring that all client KPIs are met.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Leading by example:
- Demonstrating professional judgement and attitude in all aspects of your work to assist in furthering an environment which encourages employee participation, teamwork and communication enabling the delivery of a first class professional and efficient service
- Promoting effective communication via individual 1:2:1 and team meetings. Maintaining a strong relationship with the client, auditors, administration team and other Northern Trust departments
- Enabling the development of partners by increasing their technical knowledge and skillsets to allow them to fully carry out their functions through the effective use of the appraisal process, interim reviews, coaching and evaluation of the results. This will include providing and enabling on the job training and ensuring that all procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to on a daily basis
- Providing a premier client service by building strong relationships with the Investment Advisor and any other third parties;
- Developing a thorough knowledge of your client and their bespoke requirements with regards to key processes;
- Working closely with the client to resolve queries;
- Working with other teams within NT to ensure delivery of client deliverables;
- Undertaking a daily cash management process in line with a cash management policy and actioning ad-hoc cash management items as and when they arise;
- Processing and self-reviewing FXs, as needed;
- Processing invoices on the client’s bespoke system;
- Arranging for amendments to loan facilities, as required;
- Completion of client monies and bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Undertaking the investor call/distribution process from end to end;
- Completion of the investor transfer process;
- Processing investor contact and bank detail updates;
- Monitoring of investor audit confirmations;
- Dealing with investor tax reporting;
- Dealing with fund closings.
- Monitoring mailboxes, completing tasks assigned by the senior fund administrator or team leader;
- Support other team members with workloads and rotate tasks on a regular basis.
Company Secretarial Knowledge:
- Attending meetings with directors and writing minutes timely including self-review;
- Assisting the client and lawyers with the formation and set-up of special purpose vehicles;
- Adhering to constitutional documentation for ongoing entity operations;
- Ensuring that you comply with all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Have an understanding of the Guernsey Company / POI / Partnership laws and possess an ability to keep up to date with all developments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confidence in communicating directly with clients and other senior stakeholders
- Proven people management credentials
- Strong leadership and change management attributes
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines
- Advanced Excel Skills and knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve!Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.