Junior trainee accountant
WE ARE ACCA APPROVED EMPLOYER
Established in 1837, we are a 10 partner independent firm of chartered accountants based in the City of London, and perhaps the oldest English firm in continuous existence which still uses its founder’s name.
We provide a comprehensive range of services including audit and accounting, business support and outsourcing, corporate finance, tax and VAT across a wide range of industries. We also deal with private client tax advice and compliance; trusts and charity accounts, audit and tax.
We will provide support and experience for candidates looking to apply for ACCA membership.
The role includes:
- Carry out bookkeeping activities including sales, purchases and general ledgers.
- Carry out bank reconciliation and reconciliation of other key control accounts.
- Prepare sole trader, partnership and limited company accounts.
- Provide assistance on audit engagements.
- Prepare corporation tax and personal tax returns.
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns.
The Ideal candidate:
- An ACCA affiliate who is seeking to put their theoretical knowledge into practice.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Comfortable with working to deadlines.
- Practice-based experience is not essential but desirable.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
If you feel that you have the necessary talent and skill to be successful in this role, please send your CV.