Fund Accounting Team Lead-Unitized Valuation & Reporting Services Team
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Global Fund Services:
Global Fund Services (GFS) is a full-service provider of fund solutions to investment manager and fund company clients around the world. North America GFS Operations provides Fund Accounting and Administration, Custody Servicing, Investment Outsourcing Operations, Transfer Agency, and Investor Servicing. Our expert team of 900 partners across North America are solutions-oriented, innovative, and passionate about servicing clients and helping them execute their business strategies. We commit ourselves to ensuring our partners reach their full potential.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
The Unitized Valuation and Reporting Services (UVRS) department is a growth department within the Northern Trust Global Fund Services Practice. The UVRS group provides daily valuation of Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, and other large Institutional clients. In addition, UVRS provides annual reporting statements to clients and their auditors.
Summary of Role:
The primary responsibility of the Institutional Fund Accounting Team Leader is to support a team of associates and accountants within the Fund Accounting team. The Team Leader reports to the Team Manager and assists with workflow distribution and maximizing the effectiveness of the team. In addition, the Team Leader will monitor all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the daily NAVs and reporting packages for clients. The Team Leader will also have direct reports providing career coaching and performance expectations.
The key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Responsible for ensuring accurate completion of NAVs
- Reviews and manages the daily valuation NAV production cycle for assigned clients and team members
- Assist the Team Manager in establishing goals and objectives for the team
- Ensure monthly / annual reporting deliverables including 5500’s supplemental reports are completed
- Values and reconciles client’s valuation including Mutual Funds, Separately Managed Accounts that hold fixed, equity or Derivative Assets.
- Demonstrate through examples /evidence of strong operations knowledge including secondary review & controls, risks & mitigation
- Conducts performance management and career development reviews for staff.
- Support the implementation of business plans and/or processes changes
- Experience within Institutional Fund Accounting, 401K Valuations, Mutual Fund Valuation and/or Investment Operation.
- Knowledge of FIS Global Invest One Accounting Application, Bloomberg, and Microsoft 365 applications
- A College or University degree and / or relevant work experience is required
- Flexible, team player, and ability to work under pressure in a daily environment
- Security Valuation and Industry knowledge a plus
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.