Account Manager - Loan Agency
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Account Manager - Loan Agency
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Account Manager to join our Loan Agency team at our Chicago, IL, or Carmel, IN office.
- Responsible for team structure and deal distribution within team including managing capacity;
- Ensure team is following procedures, checklists, and exception reports and outstanding invoices are addressed;
- Accountable for all aspects of assigned clients including regular follow-up and annual client visits;
- Thorough knowledge of requirements for all deals within the team with a heavy focus on unique deal characteristics and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure automation for existing deals and ongoing efforts for additional automation and standardization of processes across team;
- High-level review of complex administrative issues within Credit Agreements. Oversee the updating of the Agency system to reflect attributes of each credit agreement and related governing documents;
- High-level overview of the calculation, invoicing and disbursement of all deal related fees.
- Responsible for the coordination of funds movement related to initial funding and closing, managing closings for lenders transferring positions by assignment, and working closely with the borrower and lending group;
- Oversee ongoing maintenance of facility commitments and the processing of loan/facility-related activity; including rollovers, rate settings, conversions, prepayments, assignments, amendments, waivers, etc.;
- Oversee accurate and timely collection and disbursement of interest/principal/fee payments to lenders. Ensure collection of new borrowings from lenders and disbursement to borrower;
- Act as senior liaison between borrowers and lenders; ensure compliance with the terms of the Credit Agreement and other governing documents;
- Maintain expert knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation.;
- Directly manage, train and coach support staff on the life cycle of a loan, deal documentation, industry standards, professional communication and client workflow deliverables and execution;
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and a client-focused approach that is responsive, proactive, accountable and reliable. Adjust communication appropriately for various levels and parties;
- Demonstrable ability to learn new concepts quickly and independently research and resolve issues;
- Work in a dynamic team environment and participate in strategic initiatives identifying and implementing best practices and operational efficiencies;
- Use judgment, interpretation and problem-solving to understand loan information in order to successfully resolve exceptions; and
- Excel in a deadline-driven environment, highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or economics or related field, or commensurate work experience;
- 5+ years of investment management operations experience or bank loan agency/syndication experience;
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems;
- Ability to collaborate with internal groups and external clients; strong verbal/written communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytic skills, strong working knowledge of fundamental financial/accounting/business concepts and a strong, proactive interest in learning and mastering new concepts; and
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience, knowledge or familiarity with Bloomberg, performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.