R&A FAC Analyst (1 Year Contract)
***This role is a contract role for 1 year
Where you fit
The role of the Analyst is to ensure that group & local statutory reporting activities are delivered in an accurate and timely manner. The Analyst is responsible for closing activities and financial analysis which includes verifying financial data, making appropriate adjustments if needed, and provide financial analysis to facilitate and support business decision.
What’s the role?
- Support month end & quarter closing activities i.e. General Ledger close including preparation of manual journals, reasonableness review and disclosures
- Ensure key datelines are met for Group, internal reporting & local statutory reporting
- Collaboration with business stakeholders & FO counterparts where needed
- Delivery of KPI metrics for R&A FAC.
- Ensure compliance & operating effectiveness of controls.
- Analyze key accounts in Balance Sheet (Blackline) to ensure balances are appropriately reconciled, validated and properly supported.
- Participate in statutory audit & internal assurance activities
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or Professional Qualifications with 3-5 years related working experience.
- Working knowledge & experience in SAP is an added advantage
- Experience in handling end to end audit/local statutory reporting is an added advantage
- Proficiency in financial accounting practices and IFRS standards
- Good analytical skills, meticulous and able to work independently & prioritize well.
- Results oriented, fast paced, resourceful and proactive.
- Good Microsoft Application skills (esp Excel)
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure
- Language: Read, write & converse in Mandarin as to support China market (compulsory)
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.