Regional Finance Manager
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Finance Manager to join our team in Derby
This role can be based from either Derby or Southern England - Travel will be required between regional offices (Derby, Cardiff and Dartford) and project locations.
You will act as a finance business partner for a regional delivery unit and be responsible for all aspects of financial management, reporting & control.
You will contribute to the overall strategy and performance of the business in order achieve business targets and objectives and to ensure compliance with all Balfour Beatty Group and statutory accounting requirements
What you'll be doing
- Lead finance business partner for the DNO South region
- Ensure adherence to the Group Accounting Policy and Accounting Standards
- Custodian for financial gate compliance (under BB Gated Business Lifecycle)
- All aspects of financial reporting in line with relevant timetables and contract accounting
- Ensure appropriate financial governance and risk is managed
- Own and drive working capital reporting, tracking and adoption within business area
- Responsibility for cash reporting and forecasting
- Lead the budget and forecast process (monthly/quarterly/annually) for region
- Provide R12 financial support for regional remit
- Manage relevant project financial audits with external and internal audit teams
- Ensure financial risks and opportunities are appropriately identified, managed and escalated
- Balance sheet reporting including accruals, debtors, creditors and WIP
- Lead the region with Project Control compliance across various platforms
- Support progression to utilise digital reporting tools
- Support the tendering process for future schemes within the sector
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good financial & commercial acumen.
- Ability to analyse complex data with accuracy
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft essential and Oracle products preferable.
- Effective and confident communicator with strong inter-personal skills
- Preferably holding or working towards a recognised accountancy qualification
- Able to demonstrate experience in similar roles
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.