Experienced Auditor for Financial Services Sector
Do you have a passion for Financial Services? Do you have a background in Audit? If so, we are looking for people who have experience within the Financial Services sector, specifically at the part-qualified and qualified Senior Manager rank.
Our Audit practice is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organization in the industry. As part of our team, you will be using your skills and experience in order to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and provide meaningful insights into both accounting and reporting matters and business-critical information or processes.
This is a great opportunity to join the fast-growing Audit Financial Services practice in Athens. You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients and be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Moreover, you will be able to also work on extremely interesting accounting advisory related work on Financial Services. Your work will be recognized and rewarded, and a solid career will lie ahead of you.
Your key responsibilities
As an experienced Auditor, you will work on various Audit engagements in Financial Services sector in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader. You will become a credible Auditor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire sectors by:
- Leading day-to-day fieldwork and keeping engagement executives updated on Audit engagements
- Effectively completing Audit processes with appropriate consideration of Audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Embracing technology for a more efficient and effective Audit approach
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market and industry trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues by providing on the job training on Audit skills and industry matters
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and demonstrating a dedication to continually improve our services and broaden our business relationships where possible
Skills and attributes for success
- Fostering an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information
- Demonstrating positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences, project management skills and high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details
- Using technology to continually enhance service delivery
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 6-10 years of relevant Audit working experience with a proven track record of outstanding performance and Financial Services knowledge.
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor and/or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other appropriate academic major
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (ACCA, ACA, CPA, SOEL)
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally (travelling is subject to Covid-19 limitations)
Ideally you will also have
- Prior working experience in one of the big audit or mid-tier firms
- Experience in Audits or other Assurance work for Financial Institutions/Financial services companies
- IFRS 17 or IFRS 9 knowledge
What we look for
We are interested in highly motivated candidates with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; candidates who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
Working location: Athens
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.