Funds Services/Fund Accounting Summer Internship
Chicago, US; Boston, US; Brea, US; Darien, US; Carmel, US; New York, US; Ogden, US; Salt Lake City, US;
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 4,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers an internship in a unique industry where you can apply what you have learned in the classroom to the real world. This experience is rewarding, exciting, education, and fun you will spend the 10 weeks of your internship in a diverse work environment with the chance to make strong connections both in your own office and around the globe. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that develop you as a professional. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Our Funds Services/Fund Accounting business unit acts as a third-party intermediary between fund managers and investors to verify and distribute assets tied to investments. The roles of a fund administrator can vary depending on the fund’s specific demands and industry.These positions work closely with our clients and are a great introduction to alternative investing.
We have roles open in the following groups for this summer:
- Real Estate (Chicago, Carmel, Salt Lake City, Ogden UT, Brea CA): Includes property accounting along with funds accounting. Gain knowledge of Real Estate Investing and the Real Estate market.
- Credit (Chicago, Carmel): Primarily working with bank/syndicated loans and hedge funds.
- Private Equity (New York, Boston, Darien CT): Primarily working with Private Equity.
- Utah Funds Group (Salt Lake City, Ogden UT): Majority of roles in venture capital and private equity space.
- Capital Administration Group (New York City): Assists General Partners simplify complex capital administration issues, while ensuring a seamless reporting experience to Limited Partners. Provide accurate and auditable waterfall calculations for funds along with dynamic and transparent carry allocations for GP members. Support all waterfall structures including deal-by-deal, total return, hybrid and evergreen.
- Prepare cash and journal entries bank reconciliations
- Assist with financial statement preparation and period end closings
- Interact with clients through email and taking part in calls
- Participate in quarterly and annual audit functions
- Process and track daily cash contributions and distributions for investment fund client
- Participate in Alter Domus Intern Programming around professional development, career growth, and presentation
- Attend in-person and virtual networking events
- Pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a strong Accounting focus or a previous accounting internship
- Strong interest in Fund Accounting as a career
- Current Junior with an expected graduation date between December 2023-August 2024
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Available to work from June 5th – August 14th, 2023
- Proficient with Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, learning, and collaboration
- Customer centric mindset
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work responsibly in a hybrid environment
- Authorized to work in the US with NO need for employment-based sponsorship now OR in the future
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.