Finance Manager - Planning & Analysis
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services (RBS) business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
Retail Banking Services Finance forms part of the Financial Services business unit whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
The RBS Finance team operates as a business partner integrated with the management of the product and distribution businesses yet with a one step removed status to promote objectivity and independence of analysis and advice.
The RBS Performance Management team is responsible for providing financial support and advice to the RBS business, with the goal of being a trusted business partner through providing valuable advice that drives business performance.
The RBS Planning & Decision Support team sits within the Performance Management team and is responsible for the delivery annual business plans, monthly forecasts, competitor analysis together with financial modelling and advice to drive RBS performance and strategy.
The Manager Planning & Analysis is a key partner to the RBS business in providing integrated financial support and reporting to the RBS business and leadership team.
Do work that matters
The responsibilities of the Manager Performance Reporting include:
- Co-ordination and delivery of the RBS annual business plan and monthly forecasts
- Production of analysis and insight to drive RBS performance and strategy
- Preparing high quality presentations and supporting analysis / insight for senior management (RBS Group Executive, CFO and Group Finance)
- Answering ad hoc queries from the RBS CFO, Group Finance, RBS business and strategy
- Driving continuous improvement within the RBS team
- Building strong relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- Act as a point of contact for RBS and Group Finance in relation to financial planning of the RBS business;
- Understand the financial and performance management frameworks of the RBS P&L and Balance Sheet;
- Manage the integrity of the general ledger;
- Support the co-ordination and management of financial controls across the Retail Bank;
- Actively contribute to process improvement, simplification and cross skilling across the RBS Business Performance team;
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline preferably finance, business or economics
- Post graduate qualifications preferred (CA/CPA, MBA)
- Financial Services experience in a banking environment is preferable.
- Strong experience in a financial performance management;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- High degree of commercial acumen;
- Results driven;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 21/12/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.