Transfer Agency, Registration (AML), Officer ( Manager)
Who we are looking for
A challenging position suitable for candidates with at 3- 5 years experience in an anti-money laundering role in financial services with 3 years’ experience in leading teams. Candidates should demonstrate knowledge of the funds industry, in particular the regulations and requirements in relation to AML. They should be able to interact with staff and customers of all levels as well as with senior executives from within and outside the company and demonstrate a high awareness of and adherence to confidentiality and standards of professionalism.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Registration Assessment team Officer, you will
- Daily Management and oversight of assessment Team tasks
- Managing direct reports and developing the team.
- Ensuring accurate maintenance of AML/KYC records
- Responsible for reporting on measures to determine the team's performance
- Maintain delivery of a high-quality service level to clients and other departments
- Work with Client Service Managers and TA New Business Team in the launch of new business
- Escalation to Registration management in respect of issues arising
- Functional training of staff on all aspects of Registration.
- Ensure that specialist knowledge relating to the team is kept current and disseminated
- Act as a point of escalation for team members and internal providers
- Contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities to improve current processes
- Champion team integration within the department in line with organisational integration
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Prioritise work and manage multiple tasks, demonstrating strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate across different levels
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Adhere to confidentiality and standards of professionalism
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, successfully meeting deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven technical knowledge of AML regulations and industry practices
- Qualification in financial services, with circa 5 years’ experience working in a related field
- Ability to deliver solutions to complex issues
- Maintain client focus; demonstrate ability to react to client needs
- Help maintain and improve client performance ratings
- Maintain and improve accuracy and timeliness levels against SLA
- Ensure that key controls, core procedures and job aids are operationally sound
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.