Derivatives Data Management Lead Associate
Associate – Finance and Treasury Data Office – Data Management Lead
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $3.2 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting (FAIR) is accountable for the integrity of the books and records of the Firm, Lines of Businesses and leading large-scale data, infrastructure, accounting standard and business process change management events.
The Corporate Finance Chief Data Office (CDO) as part of FAIR is responsible for providing fit for purpose data required by Corporate Finance and driving data governance and policy adherence to the Firmwide Data Management standards and capabilities.
CDO is looking for an Associate level candidate who will be part of a high performing team of data management professionals focused on delivering innovative data management solutions to stakeholders. The data management team is focused on the delivery of data management capabilities driven by strategic data sourcing projects, stakeholder data needs, and origination of regulatory reference data.
- Partner with senior stakeholders and Finance & CDO leadership team to support the delivery the following data capabilities for a prioritized book of derivatives work.
- Data Requirements – Interpret Corporate consumers data requirements. Corporate Consumers include: Finance, Liquidity Risk, Capital Risk, Credit Risk, and International Regulatory Reporting.
- Data Lake Governance represent CDO in data sourcing strategy discussion with technology teams and support data lake governance.
- Data Quality – Facilitate resolution and oversight of the book of data quality issues and data sourcing gaps; ensure issues are clearly understood for prioritization and business case is clear. Support senior management status updates on status and remediation progress.
- 3+ years of financial services experience, preferably with Business Analyst, project management and/or Financial Controller experience.
- Analytical thinking and ability to communicate effectively in understanding and delivering business objectives
- Previous experience with derivatives and foreign exchange products
- Experience in the requirements gathering and documentation process
- Experience with Agile development and background with the software development lifecycle. Ideally, familiarity with Jira
- Attention to detail, juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a varied, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.