Banking Team Member
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Banking Team Member to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Newcastle Quorum Business Park, Longbenton.
Supporting the organisations BACS payment schedule, making payments in timely manner ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
What you'll be doing
As a Banking Team Member you will:
- Create and amend payment runs in line with agreed timetable;
- Ensure accurate recording of manual payments when raised to ensure internal controls are robust. Maintain a high focus on accurate and timely processing of financial transactions and other associated documents;
- Respond to and resolve transactional queries from the business and colleagues;
- Ensure workloads are completed to high quality within agreed deadlines and targets;
- Understand the key KPIs/SLAs and priorities for self and own team;
- Engage positively in team meetings, team huddles or wider business forums;
- Drive open and honest communication with team and Team Leader;
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the teams within the department and wider business;
- Collaborate with the wider team to increase opportunities to combine expertise and drive process improvements;
- Be open and flexible to supporting the wider team priorities and business needs;
- Support the work of other team members during periods of absence or unexpected high volumes of work activity.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
The following qualities are essential:
- Have achieved an A-C grade in Maths, English and IT at GCSE or the equivalent;
- Able to effectively manage time and deliver against deadlines, setting own goals and being proactive in seeking and driving improvements;
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills;
- Positive and proactive approach to all aspects of work;
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of people in the organisation;
- Excellent team player, able to work as part of different size teams but also independently where required;
- Excellent skills in excel in able to analyse data and suggest improvements;
- Flexible in approach to work, recognising patterns of work and being able to proactively support full department;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with data inputting and reporting.
The following experience are desirable:
- Working towards T Level 2 or other professional exams e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ICM.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted, Safe and Sustainable.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.