Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP (Hybrid))
Who we are looking for:
Business analyst experienced in reconciliation and trade processing, with sound knowledge of Derivatives and or Bank Loans, is required to work within the change management department to perform detailed analysis of requirements, liaise with the business groups and external parties. The candidate will demonstrate experience working with middle and back-office derivatives processing to define detailed requirements and working alongside the technical resources to build technical solutions.
The BA will interface with Clients, operations, IT, Project Management, and other internal and external third party system owners. The candidate will be equally at ease discussing business and technical issues, and will be able to lead solution discovery.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Business Analyst you will:
- Complete data analysis, profiling, and data mappings
- Interface with data experts, data sourcing resources and assist in the data validation process
- Perform data gap analysis on complex financial data
- Lead the planning, configuration and execution of testing efforts for new developments, including but not limited to Business User Acceptance Testing (BUAT) & Client User Acceptance Testing (CUAT)
- Use a broad array of communication tools to inform, persuade, influence, direct and facilitate communication within project teams and between Business and Technical teams.
- Document business requirements using clear, concise language consistent with the methodology framework.
- Identify compile, analyze and document business requirements that accurately and thoroughly reflect business needs.
- Ensure project activity is customer focused, results oriented, performance driven, and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve performance
- Support user training, documentation, and rollout
- Maintain effective working relationships with organizational team and clients
- May direct special projects, e.g., conducting research, collecting and providing requested data, etc
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to work on own initiative was well as follow direction
- Competent with complex formulas and data analysis
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a business analyst or Derivatives or Bank Loans SME
- Working knowledge of OTC Derivative and or Bank Loan products strongly preferred
- MS Office Products
- Macro/VBA knowledge preferred
- Experience with IDW, DEH, TLP, WSO preferred.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Change Management & Testing management
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong internal relationship management skills