Valuation Control Group - Equities - Associate
About the Team
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent group within Finance whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the firm’s risk portfolios are fairly valued. The group sets independent pricing and valuation adjustments policies, executes & generates results, and then works with Trading to remediate and prevent issues on an ongoing basis. VCG also works to identify and control potential valuation risk concentrations, uncertainty in pricing inputs, and valuation model uncertainty.
The group is organized along business lines such as the Investment Bank and Consumer & Community Bank and works closely with Traders, CFOs, Market Risk, Product Control, Model Governance and Quantitative Research to ensure a complete understanding of business issues and the accurate execution of valuation policy. The group plays a critical role within the Firm and has exposure to senior management, Business heads, Regulators, and both internal and external audit.
VCG covers a broad range of products across the entire liquidity spectrum. The group has presence in New York, London, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Bengaluru and Mumbai and comprises detail-oriented colleagues from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, with a high quantitative aptitude and strong ability to apply sound judgement. With core valuation processes largely delivered through dedicated technology and quantitative research resources, the team focusses on insightful analysis leveraging multiple market data sources through advanced analytics platforms. JPMorgan is an equal opportunity employer and places high value on diversity and inclusion. We recognize that our people are our strength and diversity of thought and practices makes us more successful.
- Responsible for all aspects of the valuation control framework for the Equities desk, including independent price verification, valuation and prudent valuation adjustments, valuation adjustment stress and fair value measurement.
- Assist with various Valuation Control Group (VCG) established practices and control initiatives as well as perform necessary work relating to management reporting, regulatory mandates and consistency within the broader VCG framework
- Partner with various functional groups on valuation related issues and develop/implement appropriate measures with the goal of ensuring fair value
- Implement new tools to enhance control efficiency and contribute to methodology enhancements
- Participate in other value-added projects related to Business, Risk and Finance initiatives
- 5+ years of related experience
- Work experience in financial industry a plus
- Graduate degree with finance, economics, mathematics or engineering major preferred
- Ability to understand complex products, and analyze transaction and process flows
- Understanding of valuation concepts as they pertain to financial products and derivatives, basic accounting knowledge
- Analytical and quantitative aptitude. Candidates with quantitative backgrounds preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Basic, automation and database skills a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.