Team Lead, Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
You will support the Australian Investment Accounting team as a Team Lead and will be responsible for monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual financial reporting, regulatory reporting and tax reporting to a diverse range of investment manager and superannuation fund clients and act as escalation point for any client queries.
It will be crucial for you to establish a level of client knowledge, to ensure all requirements are met and allow the team to build the relationship further. You will also be involved in managing new client onboarding process as it relates to financial reporting and tax, in conjunction with other teams.
You will report to the Manager of Financial Reporting and Tax.
We are open to both Melbourne and Sydney locations.
What you will do:
- Reviewing Financial statements and templates
- Proactively seek to identify and improve current core processes and procedures, ensuring they are updated with changes in regulations and industry trends
- Deliver training and coaching to junior members of the team
- Work closely with other teams to achieve client reporting objectives – Unit Pricing, Business Process Analysts, Client Services, Operations and Technology
- Work closely with Financial Reporting and Tax manager on new product developments and process improvement projects
- Help manage new client onboarding process as it relates to Financial reporting and Tax
- Provide oversight of off shore teams’ output and performance
- Ensure sufficient risk management controls are in place and adhered to Northern Trust compliance standards
- Act as escalation point for client queries
- Organize and attend year end planning meetings with clients
- 10+ years’ experience working within a Custodian, Superannuation fund, or Investment Manager accounting/tax team
- Technical understanding and practical application of accounting and tax concepts as they relate to Managed Investment Schemes (MIS’s) and Superannuation funds
- Demonstrated high level understanding of the application of Australian Accounting Standards as they relate to MIS’s and Superannuation funds, and the different assets they invest in
- Demonstrated high level understanding of the application of Australian Tax rules as they relate to MIS’s and Superannuation funds, and the different assets they invest in, and an understanding of different trust structures and entity types
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of regulatory reporting requirements – APRA, ABS, BAS, PAYG
- Proficient in Excel
- Accounting/Commerce/Finance degree qualified ideally with a CA or CPA
- Understanding of unit pricing and unit registry concepts
- Client service and relationship management experience
- Previous experience in managing a small/medium team
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience. Which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2022:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg, 2022 (5th consecutive year)
- Top ranking of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s, Corporate Equality Index, 2022 (For the 15th consecutive year, Northern Trust has scored 100% and earned the designation as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality”)
In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes paid volunteer days. For families, we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution - Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.