Finance Analyst Business Partnering
About the Team
The Financial Services division, led by the Group CFO,partners with all areas of the Commonwealth Bank to provide financial control and specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security and property.
Technology Finance is responsible for the provision of financial control and management services to the Technology & Chief Operations Office divisions.
We work closely with our stakeholders to help them understand their technology and operations costs and deliver current and future strategic and financial plans.
Technology Finance’s mission is to “influence strategic outcomes through transparent insights and passionate people”.
See yourself in our team
This role is responsible for assisting the Manager to provide financial support to the Technology, Cloud teams. Your team forms part of the wider Technology Finance Team of approximately 80 people and provides business partnering and financial management services to Technology and Business Unit CIOs.
Global Technology Services (GTS) is one of the largest areas in Technology with Run spend of $730m and $180m on top of that on key projects.
GTS covers areas such as:
- Global Cloud and Hosting
- Data Centre & Mainframe
- Service Management
- Strategy, Performance and Transformation
- End user experience – (laptops/mobile phones and remote working services across CBA)
Key duties will include:
- Act as a key point of contact in relation to financial performance
- Maintain robust financial control through:
- Processing of month end journals and P&L analysis
- Balance sheet analysis, substantiation and reconciliation
- Process improvement, standardization and simplification
- Preparation, presentation and monitoring of annual budgets and rolling forecasts following extensive engagement with key stakeholders
- Drive insightful reporting and analysis, including presentation of month end results
- Production of discussion documents on key business issues for respective leadership teams
- Engage collaboratively across Finance and Business stakeholders to help drive business outcomes, enhance cost transparency and become a trusted advisor
- Provide financial support for both BAU and investment related activities
- Positively contribute to team culture and the work environment
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong accounting and financial skills; including financial modelling and analytical
- CA/CPA/CFA qualified or part qualified;
- Accounting/finance management related degree; and
- 2 years’ experience in Public Practice or in Commercial finance experience, ideally within a large corporate
- Strong presentation with the ability to prioritise and think outside the square
In Financial Services we take a proactive approach to your career development. Your on-going development would be part of an integrated development plan. If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities.
Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you would like to hear more about this role please Apply.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 04/12/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.