Senior Associate/Manager -Portfolio Analytics -Quants (ISG Operations)
Morgan Stanley Job Description
Department: Fund Services Analytics, Mumbai
Designation: Senior Associate/Manager
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,300 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS)provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS has around 1300+ professional globally and of which, 700+ employees work out of India. Our offices are spread in New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Hong Kong.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in theUnited States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
- Accounting support including financial reporting
- Investor Services
- Tax Services
- Middle Office support
- Corporate Secretary Services
- Stratums, investor transparency reporting
The Portfolio Analytics group of MSFS focuses on providing solutions for risk and performance measurement, portfolio transparency reporting, Factor Analysis and other bespoke analytics needs of Morgan Stanley’s global hedge fund clientele.
What we offer
Incoming project managers and operations specialists are integrated into the Fund Services Analytics group and are expected to take on leadership responsibilities across number of projects. The firm is committed to providing opportunities to develop key competencies necessary for a successful career within Fund Services Portfolio Analytics. The group leadership is committed to providing meaningful and challenging projects that can be implemented and incorporated into the day-to-day activities.
- Lead various IT and BU side development initiatives and coordinate testing across various stakeholders
- Take ownership of execution around periodic content deliveries to the firm’s hedge fund clients
- Coordinate with stakeholders for day-to-day operations and deliverables
- Coordinate training sessions for new joiners and participate in allocation of periodic tasks across the team members
What we look for
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving ability with a quantitative aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience of having worked with Equities Risk Model (such as MSCI BARRA, Axioma)
- Hands-on experience with R/Python/C/C++ and version control using Git
- Ability to understanding existing codes and guide developers for changes
- Good project management and operations management skills
- Ability to work with a team, brainstorm and engage using idea-exchange
- Ability to take ownership of assigned task and drive it independently
- Master’s Degree in Quantitative Discipline with minimum 3 years’ experience in Quantitative role
The role requires working in shift from 12 pm – 9 pm and following US Holiday calendarFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.