Senior Fund Accountant - Real Estate & Corporate Services
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of real estate and corporate clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Acting as the main accounting liaison and point of contact for certain clients;
- You will be an important link between management and junior staff, responsible for and knowledgeable about the quality of the work that is carried out for your clients;
- You will review work produced for submission to senior level staff;
- Involvement with the day-to-day operations of the client and following up with third parties, including investors and clients;
- Collaborating with the corporate administrators in the preparation of periodic reports and regulatory reports for the corporate entities;
- You will be responsible for the technical coaching of junior staff;
- Together with the manager, you will decide and follow up on the planning of the fund accounting workflow process;
- Ensuring effective cash management of client entities and review of cash reconciliations;
- Bookkeeping and reporting of companies, funds and associated fund structures;
- Preparing of client entities management accounts and financial statements under UK GAAP or IFRS (primary statements and notes utilising trial balances and associated documentation);
- Liaising with tax advisors in respect of ongoing tax compliance responsibilities;
- Responding to clients' requests in terms of tax planning in close collaboration with external tax advisors, if needed; and
- Be part of a team of part or fully qualified accountants and ensure all reporting deadlines are adhered too.
- You are either a fully or part qualified accountant, either ACCA or ACA;
- You have minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the fields of funds accounting, corporate services or audit;
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Adaptable approach to using appropriate software and systems; and
- You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.