Assurance - Risk - Internal Audit - Senior Associate - Abu Dhabi
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Risk practice will provide you with the opportunity to help companies rethink their approach to risk and create a sustainable risk advantage. We’re a part of a unique client proposition, assisting our clients develop proper internal controls by leveraging analytics and technology solutions to underpin efficient execution of governance, to optimise their risk and compliance policies and processes, and improve business performance.
Our team helps organisations rethink their approach to risk and compliance to drive strategy, capabilities and performance. As part of the team, you’ll work on developing integrated risk strategies and frameworks across all landscapes to help our clients navigate new and evolving laws, regulations, and complex industry specific compliance requirements.
Functional skills needed for this role include the following.
- Design and development of corporate governance frameworks and design of governance operating models
- Conducting governance gap assessments and maturity analysis
- Knowledge of the main codes of corporate governance (local, regional and international)
- Awareness of best practices across all major dimensions of corporate governance – i.e. board structure and operations, strategy & planning, risk management & compliance, transparency & disclosure, Corporate Governance policies (e.g. code of conduct, business ethics, RPTs, whistleblower, etc.)
- Design and development of board and committee charters
- Governance gap analysis and maturity assessments
- Awareness of subsidiary governance and the key concepts
- Conducting Governance audits
- High level awareness of related automation solutions (board governance, GRC solutions)
Operational / Organizational Governance:
- Experience of having designed business operating models, including organization structuring
- Design and development of Delegation of Authorities across core functional areas such as Governance, Corporate affairs, HR, Finance, IT, Procurement, Legal & Compliance, etc.
- Organization structure development and understanding of organization design models
- Knowledge and understanding of performance management
- Working knowledge of key concepts around risk management and compliance (which are key elements of overall governance experience).
- Experience of working with family business in the ME region
- Understanding of family business dynamics including the range of challenges faced in ensuring smooth transition from one generation to the next
- Knowledge and understanding of how a Family Constitution is developed including the key topics typically covered
- High level awareness of legal aspects related to family constitutions and how relevant clauses can be made enforceable.
General profile of candidate
- Experience of 5-8 years including 2+ years of Big 4 Consulting experience or a recognised consulting firm
- Wide sectoral / industry experience – we need people who are able to apply their functional skills across a broad range of industry sectors. Industry specialists are not necessarily an advantage.
- Ability to think and work independently, but at the same time to work as a team, by ensuring that direct reports and supervisors are communicated with and kept informed.
- Strong report writing and workshop/ presentation skills – equally strong in both areas and not one or the other.
- Understanding of project management and economics
- We need candidates who come across as personable, confident and empathetic. This is especially so for candidates who will be exposed to family governance where we are dealing with clients at the ownership level including Chairmen and members of the board of directors of some of the largest and most high profile family businesses in the ME.
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.