Purchase-to-Pay (Manager I - Expert)
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Effectively drive process improvement in Purchase to Pay (“PURCHASE TO PAY”) area and support in delivery of services to BASF group companies. Ensuring that services are delivered in accordance with established process and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC) requirements and local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that service timelines, quality, effectiveness, and efficiency are met and continuously improved in the service delivery.
- Coach specialist to meet and exceed service standards expected through structured training and on the job coaching.
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Professional guidance
- Provide process and systems support to the Purchase to Pay teams by monitoring the Freight Cost Management (FCM) process, ensuring quality in terms of completeness and timeliness on the Freight Cost Management Documentation
- Assess process related problems and issues brought up by Purchase to Pay teams and propose with solution(s)
- Analysis, Optimization and harmonization, of the internal AP processes and alignment with the affected internal units for all countries and service companies in Purchase to Pay
- Initiate improvement opportunity and work hand in hand with Delivery Manager for Finance operational excellent (e.g., cost saving, risk management, quality improvement, optimization of resources, digitalization)
- Develop and monitor the process as per Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC) requirements
- Be a ‘Super user’ within the Purchase to Pay teams, providing expert knowledge and support to colleagues and hands on support when required
- Support in formulating business requirements. Structure, group and prioritize business requirements
- Support Purchase to Pay teams through sharing of resources, knowledge and experience and best practices
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP) – Support the implementation of BCP (resource planning, back up & communication)
- Safety – Ensure BASF Safety Guidelines are adhered at all time
- Lead, support and participate in Purchase to Pay Global process & system initiatives across Asia Pacific region.
- Conduct System (e.g., Transport Management, Process Director, ION, Elemica, Ariba etc.) training. Prepare Global and Asia Pacific training materials and conduct training to new/existing Purchase to Pay community as per plan.
- Participate in training programs as well as skills and knowledge enhancement
- Document the FAQ, share and exchange knowledge within Purchase to Pay team to promote Best Practices
- Standardization across regions and globally by focusing on alignment of end-to-end business process areas, system and tools.
- Coach and support the Purchase to Pay team on a regular basis in project rollouts and implementation
- Lead/support in ensuring Change Request (Global / Regional) is carry out according to Business Release (BR) timeline guided by Business Request Management (BRM) policy upon reviewed.
- Such other tasks as Hub KL management and changing business environment may require to be performed
- Support Purchase to Pay delivery teams and Managers through sharing of knowledge, experience and best practices.
- Support the implementation of Business Continuity Plan through resource planning, backup and communication
- Support the team to deliver services within agreed service levels and budgetary guidelines defined in the BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre F&A service level agreement.
- Assist to identify, recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve Purchase to Pay service delivery excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate and identify business improvements, centralization and outsourcing opportunities.
- Identify best practices or solutions within and outside of Purchase to Pay.
- Be a Key user within the team, providing expert knowledge and support to colleagues and hands on support when required.
- Establish a knowledge database of work problems encountered and steps for resolution to facilitate continuous learning, development and cross sharing of knowledge throughout Purchase to Pay team.
- Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer and sharing of best practice to ensure quality is maintained through any staff transition.
- Assist and support standardization across regions and globally by focusing on alignment of end to end business process areas, system and tools.
- Assist in improving productivity of Purchase to Pay by conducting relevant benchmarking exercise and monitoring through Key Performance indexes.
- Support in coordination, monitoring and compilation of Key Performance Indexes.
Planning and Controlling:
- Support to manage costs within budget expenditure guidelines.
- Lead in steering Global processes implementation in Asia Pacific Region.
- Lead Asia Pacific’s business requirement / variation from Global / Regional process, preparation of business case and escalation to Process Harmonization Board.
- Lead Global process implementation and harmonization.
- Lead Regional and Hub KL’s Change Management.
- Lead to provide guidance as well as proactive consulting for optimization of process.
- Lead in creation and maintenance of knowledge documentation such as Process Definition and Work Instruction.
- Assist to ensure effective knowledge transfer as for sustainable retention of Purchase to Pay SAP knowledge.
- Assist to provide operational and strategic support in designing, implementation and continuous improvement of Purchase to Pay internal functional training to maximise employees’ learning process based on current and future business needs.
- Lead to develop, maintain, and update a set of comprehensive and complete training materials of Purchase to Pay functional training.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to understand services delivery information and technical knowledge and keep updated on the changes that may impact the training content and training delivery.
- Conduct Purchase to Pay functional training to new joiners and existing staff (refresher training) in accordance with established training structure to ensure integrated, coordinated and structured training across F&A teams.
Leadership, Cooperation and Supervision:
- Professional guidance
- Follow BASF Group guidelines; treasury, accounting and reporting guidelines.
- Understand and follow local regulation and statutory requirements
- Frequent cooperation within BASF Group
- Report to, update, support and assist Senior Manager
- Update, Support and assist Delivery team Managers
- Service centre management team, AS/F management team, regional and country finance directors, business units and the other service centre departments
Degree of Supervision Required in the job:
- Works with minimal supervision
- Maintain high level of competencies
- Present a professional image in conduct and attitude
- University degree in accounting or business administration
- Chartered, Certified or Certified Professional Accountant
- More than 5 years’ experience in Purchase to Pay or Freight Cost Management related field
- Experience working in an SAP work environment, project management
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of:
- Purchase to Pay and other accounting functions.
- Act as technical troubleshooter for SAP system and/or other ERP system related to P2P/Freight
- Communications skills are important to develop and establish cooperation and rapport with users at working levels and of different nationalities
- Proficiency in English with good communication skill
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in a MNC or Malaysian Public listed company
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €78.6 billion in 2021. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.