CIB Treasury Markets Liquidity Analytics: Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate & Investment Bank Treasury is a critical function within CIB Finance and Business Management. It is responsible for managing the liquidity, balance sheet and capital positions of the investment banking businesses, establishing transparent and market-based funds transfer pricing policy, and developing methodologies and metrics to improve the leverage, capital, collateral and liquidity risk management capabilities of the Corporate and Investment bank. Additionally, CIB Treasury interacts heavily with Global Treasury in developing stress assumptions, contributing to the resolution plan submission, producing liquidity risk metrics and analysis including intraday aspects; managing CIB balance sheet and leverage ratios; and consolidating management and regulatory reporting.
The CIB Treasury team is seeking an associate to support a broad array of initiatives for the CIB Treasury Liquidity Analytics team. This role will have exposure and responsibility across varying levels of management and is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is interested in a strategic view of the CIB’s activity and who has a keen interest in capital markets, liquidity risk management and funding.
The ideal candidate should be skilled at performing complex and quantitative analyses, pay close attention to detail, take ownership over projects and proactively move them forward, feel comfortable operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, be able to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills are essential.
- Provide expertise and governance on the US LCR, NSFR, 6G and Internal JPM Stress Framework
- Work closely with Front Office, Regional Treasury teams, Corporate Treasury, Liquidity Risk Oversight and others to ensure liquidity stress methodology is reflective of liquidity requirements of the CIB businesses. The individual will also play a strong role in liquidity stress methodology ‘deep dives’ or reviewing regulatory reports such as LCR and NSFR
- Partner with Liquidity Risk Infrastructure (LRI) technology and other stakeholders to drive the strategic implementation of approved liquidity methodology
- Stay abreast of changes in the regulatory initiatives in regards of liquidity and provide thought leadership on impact to CIB balance sheet management
- Run impact analysis from regulatory rule changes, as well as proforma impact analysis for various internal JPM Stress assumption proposals
- Working knowledge of Investment Bank products including derivatives, prime brokerage, secured funding along with financial theory and accounting principles preferred
- Knowledge of funding, liquidity and regulatory developments in the treasury space (e.g. LCR, NSFR, 6G) - preferred
- Strong project management skills; ability to gain consensus and drive initiatives to completion effective
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem solving ability; ability to deliver solution-oriented work that reflects independent and pro-active consideration of issues
- A ‘hands on’ team player who is equally comfortable carrying out detailed analysis on an independent basis or coordinating input from others
- Strong business judgment and autonomy
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong process and control mindset. Strong attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint (including PitchPro). Knowledge of Tableau and Alteryx is a definite plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and a strong track record of partnership
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world. Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.