Consulting Intern - Summer 2023 Opportunities - The Bahamas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today, and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Campus Superday Event – Friday, December 16th 2022
We are excited to be hosting our annual EY Campus Superday event by island across the Bahamas, Bermuda, and Cayman Islands (BBC) region on Friday, December 16th, 2022 from 10am-1pm EST. This is an exciting chance to network with EY professionals, learn more about opportunities with our firm, and formally interview for 2023 summer intern and fulltime/graduate positions! To confirm your interest in attending, please reach out to us on: email@example.com. You must be Bahamian, Spouse of a Bahamian or a Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) holder to attend.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
We are currently seeking FSO consulting intern applications for our summer 2023 internship program in the Bahamas. FSO Consulting internships are not only starting points for a career in financial services, but they are also unparalleled development environments. By combining hands-on multidisciplinary working assignments, structured learning and mentoring, the consulting internships prepare staff for a thriving career in one of our various Consulting service lines within the FSO.
Our consulting professionals typically work as part of multi-disciplinary EY engagement teams to assist our clients in areas such as:
- Risk Management/Financial Crimes Compliance - Help our clients combat global illicit finance; areas of focus include anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions compliance, counter-terrorist financing (CFT), counter-proliferation financing (CPF), anti-bribery and corruption, and financial intelligence matters
- Business and Technology Transformation – Help our clients with improving the effectiveness and design of their operations, finance and accounting functions. Areas of focus include finance transformation, finance process reengineering, accounting change implementation, enterprise cost reduction, operational improvement, consumer finance and treasury advisory
- Internal Audit/Process and Controls – Help our clients evaluate and enhance their internal audit functions as well as the overall control environment of the institution and providing industry-focused, strategic outsourcing and co-sourcing services.
- Technology Risk - Assist our clients with establishing an effective governance, risk, and control environment by evaluating controls, business and technology alignment, regulatory requirements, risk processes, metrics and reporting, and risk frameworks.
- Enterprise Intelligence – Help our clients manage the collection, storage, use and quality of data and enable information intelligence to meet business needs across finance, risk and operations. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Quality and Governance, and Data Management.
- Actuarial Consultancy – work with clients in the property/casualty and life insurance areas to deliver professional actuarial consultancy services, including audit support, actuarial opinions and capital modeling.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering or related business fields, with a strong academic record, including course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- A plan to complete a service line and firm approved professional designation upon graduation
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of a professional working environment and a desire to work in financial services
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
- Effective organization and time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Bahamian / Spouse of a Bahamian / Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) status
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlements, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
What you can expect
- Successful candidates will be contacted by a member of our Talent Attraction & Acquisition team to discuss their application status.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.