We're currently recruiting a number of Project Actuaries across a range of experience levels to join our Actuarial Development Team in Actuarial Reporting and Analysis, to provide a professional service applying actuarial, technical & business knowledge to support the delivery of informed & effective decision making in order to deliver the company strategy.
Location: Wythall / Telford, Edinburgh
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive + bonus potential (16-32%) + pension + other great benefits.
If you thrive in a change environment and have experience of working in finance and reporting, with expertise in capital, proxy models, system migrations, defined benefit pensions or illiquid assets such as Equity Release Mortgages, then we'd love to hear from you.
As one of the UK's Top Employers we've brought together businesses with long, successful histories and many strengths. More than ever, people need help and guidance from a company which is simple to deal and who they trust. And that's where you come in.
We're currently seeking to recruit a number of Project Actuaries across a range of experience levels to join our Actuarial Development Team in Actuarial Reporting and Analysis, to provide a professional service applying actuarial, technical & business knowledge to support the delivery of informed & effective decision making in order to deliver the company strategy. We have an exciting change agenda within the Development Team, providing exposure to transformation programmes and strategic projects as well as our ambitious BPA and ERM plans.
The successful candidates, will support various project-related change activities within the Actuarial Reporting and Analysis area. Situated in the Actuarial Development Team and reporting to a senior Project Actuary, the successful applicant will undertake an interesting and varied range of work supporting the delivery of business and regulatory change within the models, systems and processes operated by Actuarial Reporting and Analysis. Work will include:
- assessment of new projects to identify actuarial reporting implications and financial impacts;
- supporting project scoping;
- requirements gathering and articulation;
- setting out and implementing testing plans and support integration of change activity into BAU
Successful candidates with more extensive experience will also have the opportunity to deputise for asenior Project Actuary and coach / mentor more junior members of the team.
- Contribute to the specification, development and testing of complex propositions or numerical models, analysing a range of business data, making recommendations to Senior Actuaries and/or senior management to support decision making.
- Lead, develop, coach and mentor actuarial trainees and analysts as required to maximise their contribution and ensure they are fairly rewarded.
- Contribute to the preparation of papers and reports for senior management and executives as required, with suitable supervision.
- Communicate effectively with a technical actuarial audience and simplify communications of technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Continually look to enhance processes and procedures to deliver effective solutions for the business.
- Maintaining up to date regulatory, business & professional knowledge in an environment of fast moving regulatory change.
- Maintaining breadth and depth of technical understanding to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements.
- Applying commercial understanding of the business to ensure financial, business & actuarial advice is aligned with the business needs.
- Communicating complex concepts and recommendations to multiple stakeholders across the business both in the UK and potentially globally.
- Regularly working to defined and tight timescales whilst maintaining professional standards.
What We're Looking For
- Range of experience sought from nearly/newly qualified to more experienced qualified actuary.
- Knowledge of actuarial reporting concepts and key reporting metrics (IFRS 4, Solvency II).
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Education - Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent)
- Languages - English
- Detailed knowledge of Actuarial Reporting processes and practices built up through experience working in an Actuarial Reporting function.
- Knowledge of actuarial techniques/concepts used in the management of the business (capital management, with-profits management, hedging activity).
- Knowledge of proxy modelling techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of actuarial modelling techniques.
- Experience of model testing and/or specification of development requirements.
- Knowledge of Phoenix products.
- Understanding of DB pension scheme liabilities / BPAs
- Understanding of Equity Release Mortgage valuation and capital methodology
What We Offer
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values and our commitment to diversity
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We've businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.