Risk Framework & Reporting Manager
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Reporting into the Head of Risk Framework and Reporting, the Risk Framework & Reporting Manager will assist with monitoring the performance of risk against internal risk appetite and provide the insights via data analysis utilising different tools.
You will be responsible for coordinating and delivering on various risk reporting and assisting the implementation of risk culture programs. This role will also serve as the secretary to the Australia Risk Management Committee that the Chief Risk Officer chairs.
What you will do
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of various risk reporting needs including quarterly risk report to Australia Risk Management Committee, reporting to Senior Officer Outside Australia, risk reporting relating to the Accountability Regime and other reporting to regional and global risk forums as and when required
- Assist in the review and ongoing maintenance of Risk Management Framework for the Northern Trust Australia (Melbourne Branch) including risk appetite statements and risk management strategy to ensure they are commensurate for the Australian business whilst ensuring alignment with the global frameworks.
- Advise the first lines on the application of various elements of Risk Management Framework
- Assist in integrating risk into the business planning process through the review of risk appetite in conjunction with the business plan and line 2 risk assessment of strategic/business initiatives
- Monitors the performance of risk against appetite and use of KRIs and metrics to report on risk management
- Conducts assessments of risk culture on a periodic basis and action plan to support maturity
- Supports and provide input into the development and implementation of risk culture frameworks and measurement methodologies including managing risk culture assessment process to identify risk culture themes and insights
- Supports the delivery of risk culture initiatives to strengthen risk culture including risk culture monitoring and reporting
- Assist in the delivery of annual risk management declaration to APRA including documenting the supporting risk assessment and evidence and obtaining management attestations
- Assist in internal and external reviews including supporting the annual external audit process in liaison with Finance and Compliance functions
- Provide secretarial support to the CRO as the secretary for the Australia Risk Management Committee including coordinating meeting papers and taking minutes and actions
- Monitor regulatory developments impacting Risk Management Framework including assessment of impacts and implementation of regulatory change
- Contribution to the team:
- o Interacts with business partners, regulators, and internal and external auditors on regulatory topics.
- o Assists management to work towards the Company’s strategic goals.
- Tertiary qualification in Business/Law/Risk or the related fields is preferred
- Proven experience working in risk management within Australia’s financial services or APRA regulated entities
- Strong knowledge of risk management frameworks, risk culture, APRA and ASIC risk management requirements
- Knowledge of Company’s strategic goal and experience or studies in Risk related fields
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in delivering high quality and timely deliverables
- Strong analytical skills to analyse information for insights
- Experience in data analytics and reporting with a range of visualization software (i.e. PowerBI) is highly regarded
- Experience in stakeholder management or a proven ability to influence stakeholders
Working with usAs a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose. In Australia, we are actively involved in many ways with both community and diversity organisations, which includes paid volunteer days. For families, we offer a very generous parental leave scheme, and all staff have access to subsidised health insurance if they choose. We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us.
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit our website.
- We are a leading global financial institution - Click here to check out our company accolades!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.