Senior Financial Controller, Group Finance
Description of business unit
Financial Control acts as a principal point of contact between the Finance Commercial Partners and Finance Services and takes accountability in ensuring that the control environment around accounting processes is robust and that reporting delivery is timely and to high standards of accuracy.
Purpose of the Role
*Please note this is a 2 year fixed term contract*
The teams within Financial Control are responsible for the controlling and reporting on each Division's financial position and performance. The outputs of each team are included in externally published information e.g. annual accounts, and for inclusion in financial information to internal partners.
The teams also work closely with colleagues and third parties across the Group to ensure there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities.
This Senior Financial Controller takes the lead on reporting and analysing the financials for their Division, leading a small team to ensure the timely delivery of monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual financial reporting close processes to a high standard.
- Overall responsibility for the Division's Primary Statements, and the Statutory and FinRep close processes, ensuring that underlying processes review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Lead and develop a team of finance professionals, ensuring appropriate learning and development
- Handle all risks in the end-to-end team processes, ensure risks are identified, understood, and actions taken to mitigate.
- Forge positive relationships with key internal and external partners in the Division and the wider Finance function, ensuring an outstanding service delivery.
- Lead, support or play an active role in Group Financial Control and the Finance Divisions critical initiatives and strategic business projects.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the Group Finance function to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives and deliver process efficiencies and improvements.
- Lead by example, building an outstanding team culture, founded on accountability, agility, one Group one team, and a strong customer focus.
What is the opportunity
This is a really exciting time for the Group Finance Division as we have recently embarked on a multi-year Finance Transformation Programme to build a finance function for the future which, through simplification and automation, will enable us to focus on driving performance and implementing the Group strategy. Our Financial Control teams are critical to the execution and delivery of this Programme.
We have a number of Senior Financial Controller roles across our Divisional Teams (Retail Ireland, Retail UK, Group Centre and Corporate Banking) and we want to hear from high-reaching individuals who can be a part of that transformation journey whilst broadening their experience and building their career in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a Hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role. The primary location for this role is Dublin.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction to the business to which you are contracted.
- Qualified Accountant with 5 years PQE and relevant finance and / or business experience at a senior level
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of leading a team in a Financial Control, or other control-based environment
- Technical accounting savvy, with the ability to apply expertise in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to resolve complex issues, challenge and make decisions independently within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with others, in a positive and constructive way.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to empower, engage and influence colleagues at all levels.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Proficiency using SAP
- Accountable - Leader
- Amplify Capability - Leader
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Customer Focused - Leader
- Manage Risk - Leader
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.