Finance Analyst - Institutional Banking & Markets
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Client Solutions Product Finance provides financial and non-financial management reporting, operational support, analytical insight and decision support to our business partners. We are also responsible for ensuring a robust financial control framework exists and operates effectively to safeguard the IB&M business. This role supports the following businesses:
- Leasing - creates structured solutions to support clients financing needs in acquiring moveable fixed assets such as aircraft, ships, trains and major production and manufacturing equipment.
- Lending - originates, structures, arranges & underwrites senior debt in support of Institutional clients.
This role sits in the Client Solutions Product Finance team, part of IB&M Product Finance. Product Finance’s mandate is to maintain a strong control framework around P&L, balance sheet and financial reporting. In addition, developing relationships with Front Office and other stakeholder areas such as the Chief Operating Office and Operations, will be a key success factor in promoting Product Finance as a trusted and respected business partner.
The varied nature of this role allows exposure to a number of business leaders across both business and finance and is an excellent foundation in understanding to the inner workings of a Global Bank.
Do work that matters
- Work with finance team to drive business outcomes through building and maintaining effective relationships with Business and Finance customers.
- Effectively communicate results and business performance through high quality management reporting that is timely, accurate and insightful.
- Relate business performance to financial outcomes through detailed review and analysis of the business and financial drivers.
- Provide relevant and timely support to Business and other Financial Services teams.
- Daily and Monthly P&L reporting and monitoring for Leasing and Lending Businesses
- Providing support where needed to the Subsidiary Reporting Team for annual solvency board paper lodgements and other annual reporting requirements.
- Ensure quality management decision making through ensuring accuracy and integrity of financial results quality analysis and rigorous financial control.
- Responsibility for performing processes to deliver key system and balance sheet reconciliations, and actively managing reconciliation exceptions.
- Supporting the business with financial analysis – involving the extracting and analysis of information from multiple sources and providing recommendations to senior business leaders.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- A strong background in financial control
- Basic SQL skills
- Strong numeracy, finance and accounting skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Ability to innovate and drive process improvements
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 01/12/2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.