Associate, Global Business Solutions - Cheltenham
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
- Assisting more experienced members of the team with a portfolio of international clients, to deliver finance functions provided by the Firm, which will include:
- Accounts payable processing and payment
- Management of client funds
- Employee expenses reimbursement
- Management accounts
- VAT and other indirect taxes
- International HR
- This will involve posting accounts payable invoices and expense claims onto accounting systems, raising payments to be made out of client bank accounts, and checking the completeness of payroll and other services completed by the Firm’s overseas offices.
- Other services as required such as setting up the bookkeeping in Sage or other accounting systems, and setting up beneficiaries on banking systems.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts in dual currencies.
- Assisting the Compliance team with queries relating to year end statutory accounts and compliance.
- Attending calls with clients and making notes of actions.
- Liaising with third parties in the UK and overseas offices to follow up on services being provided.
- Responding to client queries.
- Escalating any issues or concerns to the Team Senior/Supervisor.
- Performing administrative duties for the team.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries and using initiative in different situations.
- Delivering all work to set deadlines.
- 1-2 years accounting experience, with management accounting experience desirable.
- Currently studying or desire to study for an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/AAT).
- International experience an advantage.
- Organised and able to deal with multiple deadlines and prioritise tasks appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to gain trust and develop relationships quickly.
- Able to share knowledge within the team and carry out research as needed.
- Awareness of risk, and ability deliver high quality documents first time.
- IT skills – ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and accounting systems, such as SAGE, NetSuite etc.
- An interest in the big picture around what Global Business Solutions and the wider Firm can offer to our clients.
- Attention to detail.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 28 June 2022
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.