Senior Business Integration Manager
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
The Business Integration team ensures that BBH successfully integrates and on-boards new clients or products as part of provider transitions or selections.
The Senior Business Integration Manager acts as a senior leader for global management and direction of the Business Integration team, reporting to the Global Business Integration Department Head.
The Manager will provide senior support and oversight for our most complex and/or large client on-boarding engagements and is the expected to be the primary escalation point between BBH’s clients (and other third parties) and BBH’s internal Service Delivery community.
The Manager ensures that BBH forms a strong first impression of the client experience and is an active owner of issues resolution and team adherence to strong best practices for project direction.
The Senior Business Integration Manager is expected to stay closely connected to the “new and different” and the impact on BBH’s capabilities with regard to new demands and changes to service models, investigating and escalating challenges to senior managers throughout the Service Delivery and RE Pillars. The position will have responsibility for managing staff across multiple locations and will set and direct strategic deliverables for the department in partnership with the Department Head.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the team’s most complex engagements. Oversee the four phases of a client on-boarding event (Discovery, Planning, Execution, Day 2 Handover), which includes documenting and maintaining a detailed project plan, using the BBH online portal Launchpad, (and other associated project artifacts, e.g., agendas, minutes, workflow diagrams, etc.) for all areas impacted at BBH and the client
- Own, maintain and drive resolution of tasks across a comprehensive project plan covering all necessary work streams and business areas (e.g., fund accounting, custody, fund administration, transfer agency, reporting, technology, legal, etc.)
- Lead status conversations with project Steering Committees; provide updates to BBH senior management and the client on project implementation status by work stream; track and resolve issues throughout the life of a project
- Drive and oversee an effective project governance process for assigned projects
- Provide clear direction and assistance with project queries for team members
- Chair effective project meetings (e.g., stakeholder meetings, client discussions, third party workshops, steering committees, etc.) and ensure the same is in place for all staff members.
- Manage client / third party queries and track/resolve issues in conjunction with BBH teams
- Ensure appropriate capture of project pipeline and manage relevant staffing needs for the Business Integration team.
- Remain connected to all on-going projects across the team and/or defined office location, monitoring for challenges and solving disputes.
- Drive execution of project portfolio across assigned team members and/or locations. Ensure standards and best practices are adhered to across all team members.
- Participate in strategic planning with Department Head and ensure execution of team deliverables and mandates.
- Ensure concrete coverage is in place at all times for all projects being run by local team.
- Manage team of Business Integration project managers and work with project resources to properly document workflows and operating models as required by the project.
- Lead internal and external client workshops/meetings to gather, understand, and document project goals, workflows, business needs, gaps, and opportunities.
- Lead and/or direct business analysis efforts for projects and initiatives; determine how changing business needs will affect the system or product; accurately communicate the business need and potential solution in terms that team members can understand and drive the BBH Project Team to reach decisions.
- Recognize patterns in complex information across multiple service areas and identify key issues. Aggressively drive for resolution across stakeholder groups.
- Ensure team is cognizant of potential BBH capability challenges (servicing, technology, general readiness) exposed by the new and different and that such events are escalated to project sponsors. Stay personally connected to and invested in the impacts caused by the new and different.
- Assist with the development and documentation of proposed solutions to fill gaps where relevant.
- Be mindful of team capacity and upcoming projects in the pipeline.
- Ensure open collaboration with the BBH NSWG to identify, drive out and solve for the new and different within projects.
- Coordinate and work effectively with colleagues across the Service Delivery and RE Pillars; leverage influence across business areas and project team members to drive toward a common goal; model expected behavior for team members.
- Act as a key management interface with both internal and external clients during all phases of the project
- Provide management reporting to both internal and client senior management, including items on the critical path for implementation completion and elevation of issues and concerns
- Lead and chair Project Executive Steering Committee(s) as required.
Operating Model Review:
- For defined projects, lead the documentation process for workflows and functional models by depicting operational and technical processes in conjunction with the business and technology teams.
- Evaluate client requests that are outside the standard BBH process and ensure the resolution of said processes through stakeholder groups and senior outreach; direct and define effective decision-making processes.
- Define end-to-end process and trade flow from client to BBH in conjunction with BBH business and technology teams, including transition through parallel period to production; coordinate with all parties as required
- In conjunction with Client Service Manager and/or Relationship Manager, present process and technology improvement recommendations to client as relevant/necessary
- Maximize overall effectiveness by contributing own expertise and leveraging skills of the implementation team members.
- Education Level: BA or Equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency with MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Access, Project, SharePoint, VBA for Excel or Access a plus (not required).
- Project skills: highly organized, values both discipline and flexibility, understands the project lifecycle and delivery practices, exhibits strong leadership and is very comfortable directing others and leading in the virtual space.
- Independence: strong drive, ownership and follow through.
- Creativity: demonstrated problem solving, horizontal thinking, strong intellectual curiosity and capability; asks questions; forward looking - sees beyond the immediate/obvious; connects topics, sees themes/trends, etc.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: juggle multiple priorities, positive attitude; poised, composed, respectful and confident in the face of challenges; strong ability to grasp and master new skills quickly; unafraid of change.
- Communication: excellent verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience with negotiation and informal influence across internal and external stakeholders; strong relationship building skills; highly capable of leading rooms of peers, superiors & subordinates – internal or external – with appropriate influence, edge and authority; expects to take control and lead/model the way.
- Leadership & Management: capable of steering a motivated and high performing team (with direct or indirect control); sets high expectations and models path to success for team members and mentees.
- Some (infrequent) travel may be required.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.