Senior Finance Transformation Manager - Source to Pay
Role: Senior Finance Transformation Manager – Source to Pay
Purpose of role: The Senior Finance Transformation Manager – Source to Pay is responsible for delivering transformation in the end-to-end Source to Pay process as part of the Finance Transformation Strategy. This is a key role within the Finance Transformation team with an opportunity to shape a strategic finance roadmap for the Source to Pay process to support delivery of Primark’s ambitious strategic priorities.
Reports to: Finance Transformation Director
Location: Dublin Head Office
- Develop and deliver the finance transformation strategy for the end-to-end source to pay process that aligns to the broader Finance Transformation strategy and Primark’s strategic business priorities.
- Identify improvement opportunities to design and deliver effective, efficient and where applicable automated processes that will enhance business outcomes, reduce risk, systemise the control environment and improve user experience across Source to Pay processes.
- Deliver significant improvements in the productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of the source to pay process by leveraging leading-edge process design and technology ensuring this process is scalable to support Primark’s ambitious growth targets.
- Work collaboratively across the finance team, building effective working relationships with teams to deliver transformation within the end-to-end source to pay process and to embed and embrace change across the function.
- Build successful relationships with key stakeholders outside Finance including Procurement, Legal, Sourcing, Supply Chain and Technology to help drive the transformation of the source to pay process.
- Understand established policies across Primark’s Source to Pay processes including contract approval, procurement, grants of authority, supplier set-up etc. and identify opportunities to improve the operation of these policies across the end-to-end process.
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvement initiatives to simplify processes, automate processes, or eliminate “work‐arounds” in order to transform the source to pay end-to-end process.
- Drive consistency in the end to end source to pay process by documenting and developing robust risk and control matrices and process notes by reference to the ABF FCF General Accounting and Control Environment (identifying gaps and areas of improvement), including roles & responsibilities
- Expected to influence internal and external stakeholders and act as a champion for innovation and adoption of new practices
- Solves complex issues in project implementation and leads the processes needed to correct the problem
- Work closely in partnership with other teams within Finance Transformation to support the delivery of the Finance transformation strategy.
- Key stakeholder in the Primark Governance Framework, driving engagement and supporting others across Finance in preparing for and engaging with Governance forums.
- Acts as a governing authority for end‐to‐end process changes and identifies and engages process stakeholders to build a coalition of support.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Credibility to influence senior leaders across all areas of the business
- Deep understanding of source to pay processes and how they impact the finance ecosystem
- Commercial awareness and strategic mind-set, with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business
- Strong engagement and communication skills, with proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation, particularly with senior management
- Excellent planning and project management skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales
- Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability to inspire, lead, build & deliver through high performing teams
- Able to draw knowledge from a broad experience of financial roles
- Brings a challenger mentality and constantly looks for continuous improvement
- Process oriented, with good experience of delivering change across processes & systems
- Experience working on transformation programmes/change programmes desired across people, process and systems
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level +
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) an advantage
- 7+ years PQE having worked in finance roles and in a people management role
- Process oriented with a logical mind-set, using reasoning consistently to come to the correct conclusion
- Knowledge of transformation through business process change, automation (incl. RPA), Business Intelligence and data analytics would be advantageous. E.g. applications such as Automation Anywhere, Alteryx, MS Power Automate etc.
- Understanding of software delivery lifecycle an advantage particularly around requirement elicitation/refinement/documentation, UAT and business readiness (i.e. support from project to operations – user documentation, training, workshops)
- Accreditation and/or practitioner experience of Transformation, Change Management or Project Management e.g. APMG, PMI CAPM/PMP, Lean Six Sigma, Agile Product Owner, etc. would be advantageous
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate initiative with strong work ethic
- Proven experience working in a large organisation with multi-currency and multi-national exposure
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.