Senior Manager, Assurance Professional Standards - Professional Development
Calgary, AB, CA, Toronto, ON, CA, Mississauga, ON, CA, Vancouver, BC, CA, Edmonton, AB, CA, Halifax, NS, CA
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance Professional Standards – Professional Development team as a Senior Manager. This diverse team of professionals provides best-in-class industry and technical expertise to internally drive the success of our Assurance and Accounting practice. As a trusted advisor, you’ll design training programs and materials that empower team members to deliver industry-leading Assurance and Accounting services.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in assurance and accounting through stakeholder interactions and the creation of high-quality learning and training deliverables
- Combine formal and creative writing to develop, maintain and facilitate accounting and assurance related training in MNP’s extensive, in-house education programs
- Develop and maintain practice aids for engagements in different industries
- Collaborate with the MNP Learning & Development team to improve learning outcomes
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with project teams across Canada
- Support the management and communication of MNP’s internal professional development requirements
- Engage in continuous learning to stay informed of changes in the profession through research and by participating in relevant industry events and training/information sessions
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Leverage teams appropriately to ensure delivery of resources that are complete, accurate and timely
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and addressing performance issues promptly
- Promote strong work effort, a balanced lifestyle and a high standard of team wellness
- Liaise and correspond professionally with colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation or equivalent
- 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with CAS, ASPE and IFRS
- Proven technical writing and project management skills
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.