TAX ADMINISTRATOR, WEALTH MANAGEMENT, TAX CHARITABLE SERVICES
The Global Client Tax Services Group provides tax preparation and reporting services to affluent individuals and families, foundations, endowments, and corporations. This position within the Charitable Tax Team will focus on preparing IRS Forms 5227 and, if applicable, 1041 for split interest trusts. Prepare and file IRS Forms 990, 990-PF and, if applicable, 990-T for supporting organizations and non-private operating foundations. Prepare and file the 1099-NEC returns for vendors of private foundations. In addition, prepare and file Attorney General returns for the appropriate state(s) for which a foundation is registered.
- Research, audit, prepare and file all assigned federal and state tax returns by deadlines.
- Collaborate with colleagues and external parties regarding tax related matters.
- Calculate and prepare quarterly estimates for charitable trusts.
- Coordinate with tax attorneys and relationship managers regarding the setup of new charitable trusts for tax preparation.
- Research and resolve tax-exempt organization tax issues.
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with clients, colleagues, third parties and tax authorities.
- Familiarity with Thomson ONESOURCE is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; experience with Excel is a plus
- Adaptable and analytical thinker.
- Work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative, personal organization, motivation, and ownership of one’s work.
The successful candidate will benefit from having the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred
- 1-3 years of prior tax experience preferred
- Public accounting experience is a plus
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.