Actuarial Consulting Intern - Summer 2023 Opportunities - Bermuda
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today, and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Campus Superday Event – Friday, December 16th 2022
We are excited to be hosting our annual EY Campus Superday event by island across the Bahamas, Bermuda, and Cayman Islands (BBC) region on Friday, December 16th, 2022 from 10am-1pm EST. This is an exciting chance to network with EY professionals, learn more about opportunities with our firm, and formally interview for 2023 summer intern and fulltime/graduate positions! To confirm your interest in attending, please reach out to us on: email@example.com. You must be Bermudian, Spouse of a Bermudian, or a Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) holder to attend.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
We are currently seeking Actuarial Consulting intern applications for our summer 2023 internship program in Bermuda. EY internships are not only starting points for a career in financial services, but they are also unparalleled development environments. Actuarial Consulting interns can expect to work with clients in the property/casualty and life insurance areas to deliver professional actuarial consultancy services, including audit support, actuarial opinions and capital modeling. By combining hands-on multidisciplinary working assignments and structured learning and mentoring, the actuarial consulting internship will prepare you for a thriving career at the firm.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Or be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant major (Actuarial Science, Math, etc…) with a strong academic record, including course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- A plan to complete a service line and firm approved professional actuarial designation upon graduation
- The ability and willingness to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Knowledge and understanding of a professional working environment and a desire to work in financial services
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills, and the confidence to identify and resolve problems
- Effective organization and time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Bermudian / Spouse of a Bermudian / Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC holder) status
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlements, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
What you can expect
- Successful candidates will be contacted by a member of our Talent Attraction & Acquisition team to discuss their application status.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.