T/CIO – EMEA Finance – Vice President - London
Treasury and Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) is responsible for firm wide asset and liability management. Treasury manages the firm’s capital, balance sheet, liquidity and funding positions while CIO manages the firm’s structural interest rate and foreign exchange risks through various investment and hedging strategies and conservatively invests the firm’s excess liquidity. The opportunity is to join EMEA T/CIO Finance Controllers team.
CIO executes market transactions using a diversified slate, including fixed income, and FX products. Products utilized include fixed income securities, interest rate swaps, FX swaps, Forwards and cross currency swaps.
The candidate will join CIO’s EMEA Controllers team whose principal responsibility is oversight, financial reporting, and analysis of CIO’s hedging activity. The team’s primary focus is ensuring the proper implementation of Derivative Accounting and reporting policies as well as the preparation of related reports and analysis.
In addition to providing insight into the function of the Chief Investment Office, the role will provide the candidate with exposure to a range of products including interest rate swaps, cross currency swaps, FX derivatives and various fixed income products. The role provides significant exposure to senior management and LOB finance personnel.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financials and regulatory reporting.
- Analyse the firmwide FX exposures (forecasted Revenues and Expenses) and the firms non-USD Investments in subsidiaries. Prepare instructions for the Portfolio Managers to execute trades to hedge these risks.
- Work closely with internal audit and PWC to ensure a strong control framework. Enhance controls where necessary.
- Partner with Technology to implement reporting requirements and resolve issues; Implement new hedging programs and build reporting frameworks for the same
- Compile various analyses to explain components and drivers of hedge P&L. Build sound analytics and MIS for senior management consumption
- Oversight of various procedures and controls surrounding hedging activities and recommend areas for improvement and streamline processes where appropriate
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and other analytical requests
- Foster a collaborative working relationship with finance resources of the T/CIO in North America and Asia
- Build relationships with LOB controllers, P&A leads, CFOs, and Treasurers to advance the hedging programs of the firms FX and IR risk globally.
- The incumbent must demonstrate strong leadership qualities and challenge the status quo. Should be able to communicate and liaise with all levels of management and across functions.
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Good understanding of Interest Rate Swaps, FX Swaps, Forwards, Cross Currency Swaps, Fixed Income Instruments and Long-Term Debt
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and deliverables and meeting recurring deadlines
- High motivation and ability to quickly climb a steep learning curve
- Proficiency in Excel and the ability to quickly learn various reporting and risk systems
- Solid understanding of financial accounting and finance
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with Front Office, Risk, Operations and Technology teams
- Ability to manage individual projects and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Educated to degree level. Ideally having studied finance/accounting/mathematics or other numerate discipline
- Accounting or financial qualification will be an added advantage (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CFA or equivalent)
- Prior experience in a similar or comparable role
- Prior Hedge Accounting experience will be considered a plus
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.