Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
To assist in preparing Financial Planning (budgeting & forecasting), Capital Budgeting, Feasibility Studies for new projects, manage the bi-weekly cash flow forecast cycle, and liaise with Group Treasury Centre to ensure enough liquidity to meet financial obligations. This role will be based in Dubai, covering all operating markets (MENA & SEA) for Al Futtaim Retail Division.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1) Strategic Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Prepare strategic plan, annual budget (zero based) and quarterly forecasts in co-ordination with relevant internal and external stakeholders along with action plan to deliver the Plan, Budget and Forecasts
- Upload Plan, Budget and Forecast into relevant systems
- Prepare/manage presentations with Retail and Group Leadership
2) Cash Flow Forecasting & Liquidity Management
- Leading the bi-weekly cash flow forecasting cycle
- Coordinating between Group Treasury Centre and Brands Finance on the process
- Consolidating all the cash flows in the system, analysing the results, presenting, and raising red flags to management
- Reconciling numbers on Retail Trial Balance and Treasury Management system
- Forecasting funding requirement and cost of debt based on the Brands’ cash requirement
- Ensuring all entries are posted before month-end closure
3) Capital Budgeting and Business Development
- Prepare feasibility studies for new projects/brands
- Assess new opportunities using several valuation methodologies
4) MIS and Other financial Reporting
- Regular operational and financial performance reports to relevant stakeholders
- Comprehensive analysis of the variances with budget and prior year performances and suggest action plan for improvement
Qualifications, experience & skills:
- CA Intermediate with 5 years’ experience or Finance graduate with 8 years’ experience
- Expert working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and good working knowledge of other MS office packages
- Knowledge of accounting software packages, preferably ERP such as SAP, BPC, and Anaplan
- Adequate working knowledge of budgeting, financial, management reporting, building financial models, and taxation in Middle East and Southeast Asia preferably in retail sector
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, planning and organizing skills and good business acumen.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.