CIB F&BM - Equities Prime Brokerage Product Controller
EMEA Equities Prime Finance provides both a traditional cash and synthetic financing product to clients via margin lending, total return swaps, securities lending, portfolio swaps, market access products and fixed income repurchase agreements. In addition, the business engages in market making of equity Futures and ETFs and delivering equity performance to clients through swaps.
The role will be within the EMEA Equities Product Control team supporting the Prime Finance business with a focus on margin lending. The primary function is reporting the daily and monthly P&L to traders and senior management. The role requires extensive interaction with Front Office traders, Financial Control and Operations, as well as ownership to Project teams, and various other functions throughout the bank.
- Production, verification and reporting of the daily P&L by risk components
- Analysis and explanation of daily P&L, investigating any issues or exceptions
- Preparation and ownership of monthly P&L reconciliations, including break investigations and resolutions
- Work with Front Office, Middle Office, and Technology groups to understand and resolve issues and breaks
- Substantiation of exceptions between Balance sheet / GL and Front Office systems
- Production of weekly/monthly metrics and commentary for senior management
- Involvement in projects and process improvements relating to P&L reporting
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree - finance, accounting, statistics, or economics will be an advantage
- Work experience within Product Control, Financial Control, Accounting, or related area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- Prime Brokerage or margin lending experience is preferable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Proactive approach to problem solving and ability to identify and drive change
- Attention to detail and ability to work effectively to tight deadlines
- Strong team player, comfortable working with all levels of the organization
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.