Audit Assistant Manager
About the Department
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue a career in Audit at RSM.
Audit is our largest service line nationally, and we are growing!
We provide comprehensive Audit services to clients ranging from OMBs, through to large listed PLCs. We believe that it is important for our people to have experience across a range of industries and sectors, so we do not typically have individuals in our teams working on only one type of client.
RSM has a culture of transparency and supportiveness, we remain people focused, and we care about your development. Within Audit, we promote from within wherever possible, we listen to your career goals and aspirations, and we will support you in your short- and long-term goals.
Are you ambitious? Do you want to feel heard and recognised? Do you want to work closely with your clients, building lasting relationships which allow you to make a real contribution? Do you enjoy variety, and to be challenged? Do you want to see your efforts rewarded and to be continually developed? Our culture is our greatest strength, and many of our most senior Partners joined us at Assistant level.
Overall Job Purpose
To provide on-site assistance on each Assurance assignment in an efficient and effective manner, and to help ensure that clients receive a quality service in all aspects.
- To be a key part of Assurance teams undertaking assignments, including opportunities to lead the on-site element of the work.
- To ensure that each assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out all aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To ensure Assurance quality at all times, contribute to internal and external quality assurance, ensuring all actions are completed in line with the firm’s and the profession’s standards.
- To communicate any problems in complying with these instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision, and “on the job” training for less experienced members of staff.
- To act as day to day point of contact for the client, and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications. Ensure added value to clients.
- To review work completed by less experienced staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisal reviews.
- To summarise actual time spent compared to budget on each assignment, and to perform the firm’s review and completion procedures before passing the files for manager review.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional CPD requirements.
- To maintain training records conscientiously and to keep up to date with examination studies, as applicable.
- To attend staff meetings and training and to assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- To maintain an awareness of Health & Safety issues within the firm and report any concerns to the nominated Health &Safety representative.
- To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as required by the Line Manager or Head of Department.
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent.
- Previous experience of carrying out Assurance related tasks as requested by the Assurance Manager.
- Proven experience in client handling
- Proven Assurance experience in producing high quality Assurances.
- Assurance experience from a practice background would be a distinct advantage
- Assurance experience of Owner Manager Business clients would be advantageous
- Experience of analytical review approach desirable