Business Analyst (Global Delivery Alpha Services), Officer (Hybrid)
Who we are looking for
Global Delivery is looking for an experienced Business Analyst that will enable us to successfully drive and deliver methodology and procedures as well as requirements and design in support of our Alpha Services Strategy.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for client engagement, workflow analysis, data analysis, requirements documentation in the design of solution architecture and implementation planning. This role documents product and client solution architecture, develops sequenced phasing for products supported by the team and works with internal State Street teams toward testing the solution designs. Focus of this role will be to drive implementation of new software solutions and services to clients as well as of projects that seek improvements in productivity and communication within the Global Delivery Alpha Services organization. The ideal candidate should have a B.S. in finance, economics or engineering, as well as a working knowledge of middle/back-office functions and Appian software.
Open to authorized remote work locations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Business Analyst (Global Delivery Alpha Services), Officer you will
- Perform workflow analysis, data analysis and requirements analysis
- Create documentation to support the design of workflow capabilities
- Lead design and implementation of Appian software for client-specific workflows
- Analyze and communicate stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into software specifications
- Develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts for development solutions
- Use modeling, testing and data models to improve the flow of information through business units to enhance project success
- Make recommendations for solutions or improvements that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology
- Ensure data privacy and security needs are in alignment with requirements and design
- Manage various stages of the transformation lifecycle (solution design, integration and testing, implementation, and operational readiness)
- Provide regular status updates and support project management reporting as directed
- Navigate complex client relationships, build strong business relationships and manage expectations with client stakeholders
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail placing high value on accuracy and client readiness
- Experience designing workflow and implementing software; working knowledge with Appian software preferred
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Skilled in complex business analysis with expertise in requirements gathering and documentation
- Ability to liaise between the business and technology teams; experience promoting a collaborative cross-business environment that fosters change
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work under high pressure deadlines
- Self-motivation, self-assurance and self-management
- Ability to work as part of a team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- B.S. in finance, economics or engineering
- 3+ years of industry experience with front, middle and back office functionality, analytics and applications
- Working knowledge of Appian software preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Excel and Word
- Experience with SQL, VBA, Oracle, Toad and Squirrel
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.