External Audit Manager
Let’s help you Find Your Purpose !
At KPMG, our vision is to be the Clear Choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.
This opportunity is for you!
We invite you to join our expanding Audit practice.
- Responsible for agreeing to audit timetables, briefing the audit team, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of audit services.
- Responsible for billings, write-offs and other administrative tasks.
- Reviewing detailed audit work of various insurance and investment structures and related vehicles.
- Reviewing financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, UK GAAP and International Accounting Standards.
- Keeping engagement leaders up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignments.
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior-level staff throughout the year.
- Manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements.
- Direct, coach and mentor assigned audit staff in a performance manager role.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified Chartered Accountants (e.g. ACCA, CPA etc...)
- At least five (5) years of post-qualification external audit experience in a professional accounting firm conducting medium-sized audits.
- Audit experience in the financial services fields in addition to knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience working with electronic audit tools and methodologies.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with PowerPoint and Access would be an advantage.
- Significant practical experience as an Audit Manager in an external audit capacity.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to adapt to a multi-cultural experience.
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all interested applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.