Director - Audit and Assurance
Audit and Assurance Director
Work location: Dublin
Service line: Audit and Assurance
Employment type: Permanent
Ready for a new challenge? Then become part of a firm that does things differently.
Grant Thornton is one of Ireland’s largest growing professional services firms and plan to continue developing and growing over the coming years. We provide the edge where our people can grow personally and professionally. With 8 offices in Ireland and the Isle of Man, with in excess of more than 2000 employees, our people are our brand and they shape the growth strategies of our client.
The continued success of our business is built by our diverse team of people who have ambition, energy, motivation and who share our core values. We have 50 different nationalities working with Grant Thornton Ireland.
We, in Audit and Assurance are looking to expand our team due to our exponential growth. This position will give you exposure to some exciting industries such as Retail, Manufacturing, Hospitality, Construction and
Telecommunication whilst also giving you the opportunity to collaborate with clients both locally and globally. We are looking for passionate individuals, who are self-motivated, capable of using their own initiative and have the ability to plan, control and complete audit engagements for a diverse portfolio of clients.Main responsibilities:
- Identifying client needs and new business opportunities within client organisations
- Project management - take responsibility for managing a large and varied portfolio of clients
- Supervise and train junior members of the team to ensure that Grant Thornton’s standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process
- Prepare and present business tenders in order to develop and grow your client portfolio
- Working capital management – manage work in progress and billings
- Client fee negotiation
- Take full responsibility for managing and reviewing the work of the audit team
- Cross-business unit liaison with other teams such as tax, advisory etc.
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience
- Strong technical skills (Irish GAAP and auditing standards. IFRS experience an advantage but not essential);
- Electronic auditing experience ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines
- Ability to make professional judgements based on findings
- Portfolio management experience
- Strong attention to detail and analytical assessment
- Experience working as part of a team supporting others
- Commercial awareness
- Experience gained in a Big 4 accounting firm would be advantageous
- A competitive compensation package with a defined career path
- Relocation support (where applicable)
- Training and support from our dedicated learning and development team
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Subsidised healthcare insurance
- Wedding leave
- Hybrid working week – blended arrangement where you can work from home, at the Grant Thornton office or client sites depending on business, client and teams needs
- 3pm finish on Fridays during the summer months and before a bank holiday
Grant Thornton gives you the opportunities, resources and flexibility to create a career that empowers your passion.
Resources for You:
Audit and Assurance Opportunities | Grant Thornton
At Grant Thornton, our people are at the heart of our business. Our teams are built with a variety of background, cultures, age, gender, gender identity, ability and family types to ensure we have a diversity of thought in everything we do. Grant Thornton is committed to ensuring that every staff member can bring their whole selves to work and that individuality is embraced.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.