UAE National | Business Analyst | AFET | UAE
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
This function will support in establishing budget, budget controls and analysis as well as supporting the project costing function throughout the entire project life for Facilities Management department.
- In close cooperation with Commercial Manager and FM this function will establish Project budgeting and analyze monthly project profitability and cash flow
- Support Business decision process by providing sound Business Case Analysis and prepare analytical reports in support of Projects Performance Management
- Monthly project reviews addressing projects profitability and cash flow compared to Budget as well as any deviation that might impact project profitability and viability.
- Provide guidance to improve project’s cash flow focusing on activities impacting Working Capital Management and WIP accounts in view of improving Free Cash Flow (FCF)
- Liaison with the external auditors and internal audit teams in implementing audit Recommendations.
- Provide support for preparing Business Plan & Variance Analysis and Risk and Opportunities
- Monitor Billing cycle to reduce WIP
- Maintain historical cost trend for estimations and tenders
- This function is directly linked to the project profitability of AFE&T.
- AFE&T’s activity spans over UAE, Qatar and KSA with expansion plans over most of the GCC Region.
- This function is exposed to highly sensitive and confidential information.
What you will do
Support & Assist Finance Management in
- Budgeting Exercise.
- Forecasting/Strategic Planning.
- Project Accounting, Monthly Book Closure.
- Other Business presentations to management etc.
- Intercompany dealing of Accounts receivable & Accounts payable.
- Track on Accounts Receivable.
Support & Assist Operations Heads and Project Managers
- Project costing.
- Project profitability and performance measures.
- Support in identifying productivity improvement opportunities.
- Timely reviewing variances and Project P&L implications.
- Support in claim management.
Key Process Improvements & changes in SAP in coordination with EIT
- Budgetary control – PS Module.
- Manpower Productivity/Tracking etc.
- SOP-Cost to Complete (CTC) /Man hours / Revenue control process etc.
Project Cost & Project Revenue controls
- Review of detailed Project Costs, revision of estimates, propose changes and improvements.
- Assist in Monthly revenue recognition and ensure all revenue controls in place to avoid any revenue leakage –workings on IFRS/loss making contracts etc.
- Project Cash Flow forecasts an actuals.
Required Skills to be successful
Job-Specific Technical Skills:
- Position requires strong communication skills, analytical abilities, detailed approach, hands on experience in Microsoft advance excel & reporting.
- Preferably with experience on SAP.
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards & IFRS.
- Good Command of English, Arabic language is an asset.
Behavioural Competencies :
- A results oriented organizer with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Focused on providing customer services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional knowledge
- Self confidence
- Job Ethic
- Meeting standard
- Commitment to job
- Attitude towards honesty
- Attention to detail
- Accurate listening
What equips you for the role
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
University Degree with major in Finance / Accounting or Equivalent with knowledge of International Accounting Standards (IFRS), law and Tax
- Intermediate degree in CA/ICWA/CMA Or
- Working knowledge is SAP Financial module.
- Expert in MS Excel.
About Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies
Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies offers customers complete engineering and systems integration solutions.
The Engineering arm operates in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Egypt providing a wide variety of products and services from air conditioning, scaffolding and access solutions, elevators and escalators, control and life safety, facilities management, building products, MEP, Energy Management, Technology Infrastructure and Digital Transformation.
The Technologies division provides complete business solutions to large, medium and small customers that include, contact centre solutions, business applications, business intelligence, data management, advanced analytics amongst others. The IT infrastructure portfolio comprises IP telephony, ELV systems, networking solutions, professional audio-visual solutions and managed services.
These solutions are further complemented by services that include project management, installation, testing, commissioning and after-sales maintenance contracts.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.