Consultant, APEX Custom Finance
Consultant, Data Center Utility Financial Governance
The APEX Custom Finance team performs sales operations, finance operations and financial analysis to support the APEX Custom business. We are an essential component to the pre and post contract experience for our customers and internal stakeholders. We enable complex transactions, manage P&Ls and provide analytics on the business. We are constantly striving for process excellence and using our financial expertise to drive critical business decisions.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Consultant on our APEX Custom Finance team in Penang, Malaysia.
The Consultant, Data Center Utility Financial Governance plays a critical role in enabling and assessing complex Data Center Utility (DCU) transactions. The Consultant will be part of a global deal desk that works closely with DCU business development and pricing to enable new transactions from a financial and operational perspective. This includes assessing deal financials, building a risk profile for each deal and building operational flows with finance team stakeholders. The Consultant will develop an in-depth knowledge of the DCU processes and work closely with DCU finance team to provide analytics to the utility sales force. The Consultant will support leadership on the organization’s key strategic initiatives with the offer development team.
- Work closely with DCU business development and pricing to review DCU deals at all stages of the negotiation
- Engage accounting, tax and DCU financial analysts to operationalize non-standard deal elements
- Act as the first level approver on new Data Center Utility deals by assessing the pricing package and the risks of the deal assumptions
- Communicate financial risks, resource requirements and accounting implications of utility deal structure to leadership
- Provide analytics to business development and pricing on post-contract performance that could impact our pricing or go-to-market approach
- Be a supporting finance project manager on new offer development: define requirements, build finance operations flows, train financial analysts, etc.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the DCU finance processes and controls
- 12+ years of sales operations, business operations or financial analysis experience
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen, specifically be able to articulate how deal elements will impact financial results or ability to create an outstanding customer experience
- Detailed knowledge of Dell Custom APEX business model and associated structures (operations and finance)
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements, simplification & enhance controllership
- Self - starter with a high level of diligence and the ability to work on own initiative and in conjunction with other key process leaders
- Goal-oriented with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion. Realistic and pragmatic approach to objectives.
- Detail oriented, organized, motivated and a flexible approach to work
- Resilient and the ability to work independently to deliver results
- Must demonstrate customer focus (internal and external), attention to detail, command skills and ability to deal with ambiguity, and be a team player and self-starter
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 02 December 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.