Corporate Tax Senior Manager
Corporate Tax Senior Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Corporate Tax Senior Manager to join the Kreston Reeves team in London.
Kreston Reeves advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals and families on all areas of business, tax and wealth. We help clients make confident decisions about their future.
With offices across London, Kent and Sussex and international reach via Kreston International, we are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all our clients wherever their ambition takes them.
We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
We are looking for a trusted and valid member of staff to join the current team.
Firm Culture and Benefits:
Having started out over 200 years ago, we are long-standing employers across our office communities in Kent, Sussex, London - and beyond. We’re really proud of the reputation we’ve built and we’re grateful to our people for making it stronger every day. Our strong commitment to living our firm’s values means we listen carefully to our teams and enjoy helping each other succeed – creating a culture in which our employees can thrive and provide the highest service to our clients.
We want all our employees to be rewarded for their hard work and enjoy a balanced lifestyle, which is why we offer benefits such as agile working and an engagement programme centred around mental health and wellbeing.
We are also proud of our active Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Our own Kreston Reeves Charity Foundation enables us to consistently ‘give back’ to our local communities wherever we can, as well as provide opportunities for our employees to get more involved in charitable work and in choosing the causes which benefit from the Foundation. We give all of our employees the option to take one day paid each year for volunteering so they can support the charitable causes closest to them.
Other benefits we offer our employees include up to 5% contribution on our pension scheme and a grade specific flexible benefit pot to use throughout the year on a range of benefits (including mandatory Private health plan, Death in service and Income protection) from gym membership and restaurant discount cards, to travel insurance and additional health insurance - and much more.
We are proud of the positive culture and flexible working environment our employees enjoy.
- As a Corporate Tax Senior Manager you will report directly to our Head of Corporate Tax, with good knowledge of UK corporation tax and a sound grasp of other business taxes to not only ensure clients are fully tax compliant but to also identify tax planning opportunities.
- You will also be heavily involved in planning assignments – in the last 6 months this has included detailed analysis of the Disguised Investment Management fee rules, Transactions in Land, EMI and EIS schemes, demergers, due diligence on acquisitions and advising on sales of business.
- Exposure to international tax issues such as double taxation relief and double taxation treaties, transfer pricing, thin capitalisation and CFC’s would be useful. Support and mentoring will be given.
- Evidence of training and mentoring junior staff would be useful.
- Our corporate clients include a broad range of sectors and industries and include entrepreneurial growth companies, larger corporates, multi-national groups, FSA regulated companies and AIM listed PLCs.
- The role is largely office based and includes significant client contact. There may also be some travel between our offices based in West Sussex and Kent.
The objectives of the role:
To assist with the successful running of the Corporate Tax department.
- Along with those responsibilities mentioned above you will:
- Assist UK and international clients structure their affairs tax efficiently
- Help manage the client relationship to become the trusted business ad visor
- Work closely with Kreston colleagues across the globe
- Assist with managing our CT compliance services to a varied portfolio of corporate clients
- Review more complex corporation tax returns and computations
- You will act as people manager for 5 staff, including appraisals and work allocation
- CTA qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of Corporate Tax
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.