Tax Consultant - R&D
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced R&D consultant who is looking for an opportunity to take ownership of their own R&D function within an established and growing tax team.
We provide a complementary range of training opportunities to ensure that you maximise your potential in areas such as becoming a trusted adviser, how to network, presentation skills etc with opportunities for progression around the firm. These will comprise personal effectiveness as well as your technical skills.
We have quarterly performance review conversations to ensure your development is on track. You will also have the opportunity to work with a mentor.
We also encourage you to get involved in wider firm initiatives and have your say on how we can progress on our journey towards being the best North-West firm of finance professionals.
We are a vibrant, dynamic and award-winning firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisers, with offices in Blackburn and Bury and a hub in Burnley, covering East Lancashire, Greater Manchester and beyond. Our vision is to be the best North-West firm of finance professionals and we want great people to join our team and help us do that.
We are proud of our inclusivity and diversity, encouraging people to be the best they can be an to be involved, no matter their level of experience or role.
We are a member of Praxity, the 7th largest global accountancy association and the largest association of independent firms. Being part of Praxity allows us to have strong international connections and a great source of secondment opportunities.
Joining the PM+M team will help take your career to the next level. You will be joining a values-led organisation with a unique culture where you will be encouraged to take ownership of your own development and achieve your career goals.
We understand that we thrive when we help our clients succeed and that is our core purpose. We also understand that, to do that, our people need to succeed and be happy and fulfilled.
Everyone is different and has different hopes and dreams and different personal circumstances at different stages of their lives. Our task is to listen to you, understand what you want to achieve next and then work with you to help you get there. Our working practices are flexible, based on high degrees of trust and empowerment and can flex to suit your circumstances and needs.
• Generate R&D tax assignments for the firm from both existing and new to firm clients.
• Promote the firm’s R&D services via seminars and other business development activity.
• Work with portfolio holders to maximise the benefits from R&D claims for clients.
• Liaise with clients and provide guidance to identify their qualifying R&D activities.
• Prepare R&D claims and reports including technical report writing and cost analysis reviews.
• Work closely with the corporate tax team to include claims in corporation tax returns.
• Liaise with HMRC as appropriate in order to agree claims.
• Act as an ambassador for PM+M signposting other services of the firm.
• Train junior team members to prepare R&D tax credit claims.
As well as relevant experience in R&D we’d like you to be:
• Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole
• Passionate about providing great client service with a genuine interest in our clients.
• Great at communicating with people at all levels – face to face and in writing.
• Positive, emotionally aware and resilient.
• Good at using your initiative, solving problems and working under pressure.
• Motivated and well organised.
28 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays, office closedown over Christmas period, on site free parking, employer pension contribution of 8%, death in service life cover of 4 x salary, private medical insurance, income protection scheme, flexible benefits (salary sacrifice) scheme including a range of benefits such as extra holidays, electric car scheme etc, flexible/hybrid working, full technical and soft skills training and support, recruitment incentive scheme, annual firm wide success bonus, cycle to work scheme, employee well-being portal, access to the WeCare app that offers health, well-being, financial and legal support, dress for your day policy and dress down Friday’s, paid sick leave, extensive learning & development opportunities and study support