Are you a recent graduate who is looking for a graduate scheme within the accountancy industry? Are you looking for a Practice which has been voted one of the best places to work in the UK, with fully funded training packages and a strong focus on learning and development so you can reach your true potential?
If you’re still reading this, then the answer to that question is probably yes. At DJH Mitten Clarke, we are a group of fantastically talented and ambitious people that pride ourselves on having fun, working together as a team, delivering a great service and always approaching things a little differently. We’re looking for people to start their careers and grow with us.
What do you get out of this?
Our people are our biggest asset. We’ve built a team that we’re extremely proud of. Our team work incredibly hard, so that’s why looking after them is our number one priority. Ultimately, we want to create the very best place to work. Here’s a few reasons to come and join us, but you’ll find loads more once you get your feet under the table:
- Great salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible-working hours
- Training & fully funded study support
- Access to Spectrum.Life, our new Mental Health & Wellbeing Support Solution
- Health MOTs
- Community and environmental work
- Loads of social shindigs
- A pretty impressive office
Let’s talk about the Audit Trainee role
Now you’ve heard about the fantastic benefits, we better tell you a bit about what you’ll be up to.
After a proper induction to the business, a personal development plan will be drawn up for you. It will outline each of the steps you’ll need to take to realise your ambitions and goals as an Audit Trainee. Life will be fast paced, engaging, creative and rewarding.
Your typical day will involve:
- Being part of a talented team, adding value to the exceptional work we deliver & developing your understanding of the end-to-end audit process
- Building long-lasting relationships with clients and wowing them daily
- Working as part of a team to deliver meticulous and efficient audits for a wide range of clients
- Cracking on with your personal development plan – shadowing, questioning and learning to help you achieve your ambitions
Let’s talk about you
We have big plans for the future and even bigger goals. But what about you? You’re hungry for a new challenge? You’re keen to work client-side for a forward-thinking brand? You may already be considering applying for our Audit Trainee role? But what gets you going?
- You’ll have an excellent academic background, with a minimum 2:1 classification in your relevant degree (Accounting & Finance, Finance & Mathematics)
- You’ll love getting to know people and cultivating long-lasting relationships
- You’re like a sponge and totally enjoy learning
- You’ll be motivated to deliver extraordinary service and will embrace our “Proven Process”
- You’ll have a proactive attitude, whether a task is complicate or simple, big or small
- You’ll thrive working to achieve great things alongside the rest of the team
- You’re motivated by a fast paced and bustling environment
- You’ll look at things differently than other people and will enjoy finding alternative solutions
Before you go, let’s talk a little about us
DJH Mitten Clarke is an award-winning, chartered accountancy firm with offices in Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester City Centre, Chester and Walsall. With years’ of experience we’ve always done things a little differently, we don’t just work for businesses – we work with them to achieve great things together. As a company, we’ve grown to a multidisciplinary team of 275, who offer our clients a full service including; accounts and audit, tax and employment, business transactions, accounting in the cloud, capital allowances, commercial and residential finance, and wealth management.
Our core values run through everything that we do. They set the tone and our team live and breathe them. We’re looking for people who value the same things as us:
- Teamwork – we achieve great things together. We are a team, and we encourage and support each other
- Passion – we care – about our clients, our work, and above all, each other
- Ambition – we recognise potential. We will be the very best employer, inspiring our people to flourish and grow
- Community – we give back. We support our local communities, playing our part as a responsible business for a sustainable world
- Honesty – we do the right thing. We create and environment which is built on trust, transparency and respect