Head of Regulatory Capital Change - SVP
Citibank Europe plc (CEP) is a regulated entity with assets of circa $90 billion and branches in twenty-two European countries, employing approximately 9,000 staff. CEP is designated as a Significant Institution and is subject to joint regulation by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and European Central Bank (ECB).
The Ireland Finance Team comprises approximately 30 professional staff across Controllers (Regulatory Reporting, Financial Reporting and Controls), FP&A, Tax and Treasury.
The Head of CEP Regulatory Capital Change is a key appointment within EMEA Controllers, to lead on assessment and implementation of regulatory capital changes for CEP. The role holder will be responsible for leading CEP’s efforts to understand, determine, communicate and prepare for implementation of new products and regulatory developments from the perspective of regulatory capital and Finance.
The Head of CEP Regulatory Capital Change will be responsible for supporting Citi meet five key aspects of Prudential Capital Regulatory Policy:
- Monitoring and Interpretation of Regulatory Change - coordination and oversight over the interpretation of relevant local regulatory change.
- Advisory – Determining and communicating impacts of new products and regulatory developments to stakeholders, including New Product Approval Committee.
- Reporting Control and Development – ensuring that new products are only transacted once their impacts are fully understood and requirements are addressed in regulatory reporting systems, and contributing to system development such that new products and regulatory changes may be accommodated in regulatory reporting systems.
- Consideration of the future Regulatory Landscape – supporting internal and external impact assessments.
- Supporting Advocacy and Lobbying – working with other teams to drive and impact the agenda for upcoming regulatory developments.
The Finance department at Citi provides a platform from which an employee can gain a high-level understanding of all aspects of banking and financial services. Every business, every process and every transaction ultimately has an impact to the financials of the company and Finance adds value through financial reporting, regulatory capital analysis and ensuring appropriate controls are in place. The successful candidate will play a key role in a growing SSM regulated entity.
- Analysing and interpreting new relevant regulatory rules: communicating and working with other stakeholders to determine the impact of new rules on CEP’s capital, business, regulatory systems and business model as appropriate.
- Acting as CEP representative for CRR2/3 programme.
- Determining impact of any other non-programme related regulatory changes and initiatives on CEP incl CRR IO, EBA Q&A and other ad hoc regulatory queries.
- Coordinating implementation for CEP of any new regulatory capital developments; working with Capital Reporting team on change management and execution; liaising with business analysts; advising on and reviewing business requirements documentation addressing new Regulations.
- Analysing and quantifying the impact of new products on CEP’s regulatory requirements, own funds and capital ratios; supporting Capital Planning team on new trade approvals.
- Representing EMEA Regulatory Policy and Advisory at Citi’s new product approval committees (NPAC and PRC), where impact is on CEP, in reviewing and approving new products and structured transactions and ensuring that franchise risks are addressed.
- Communicating significant regulatory issues and complex new regulations to senior management in a timely manner, including participating in Governance meetings of Citi EMEA subsidiary entities to present and explain significant regulatory developments.
- Developing and delivering training presentations to facilitate firm-wide education of new or proposed regulation.
- Developing strong and effective engagement with Finances colleagues in Hungary and London.
- Working closely with other teams across Citi to foster knowledge-sharing and best practices.
- Extensive experience in a similar role.
- Technical regulatory knowledge and demonstrated experience of Basel or CRR/CRD.
- Extensive experience in regulatory capital change and/or policy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Team player.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA are preferred.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.