Graduate, Audit - Dublin, Summer 2023 (ACCA)
Looking to start a career that’s wide-ranging, varied and rewarding? Find the right opportunities and experience for you at Evelyn Partners.
We believe that the best learning experiences are immersive from Day One.
Think client meetings, tackling real-life challenges, responsibility, and exciting work across a wide range of sectors, on a structured training programme.
Of course, we won’t throw you in at the deep end – you will get all the support and supervision you need. As part of the UK and Ireland’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, you will learn from some of the industry’s thought leaders. Together, our experts manage around £55 billion of assets for 172,000 clients – and growing.
Individuals, family trusts, professional intermediaries, charities, businesses: we’re dedicated to supporting them all, through the power of good advice.
What you can expect on our graduate programme:
- Fully funded Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) qualification
- Hands-on experience within a team invested in building your skills and business knowledge
- Dedicated L&D team and training contact for your department and office location, to support you throughout your studies
- Comprehensive soft skills programme
- Your own personal support network, including a buddy to offer first-hand experience
- Contact with partners, to build your confidence with senior members of staff
- Accelerated career progression, thanks to early responsibility
- Exposure to a wide selection of clients, sectors, and projects
Our Assurance & Business Services Team (Audit)
Many businesses need to reassure investors and other stakeholders of their financial performance, even where a full audit is not necessary, appropriate, or required by law. The team you will be joining provides wide-reaching financial advisory services to international clients across a number of industries and a diverse client base, ranging from small businesses and family enterprise start-ups to non-profit organisations.
As part of our Assurance & Business Services team you could be working directly with managing and financial directors in different working environments at their own offices, checking that numbers stack up with fact. This means providing advice and solutions that really make a difference.
Many of our audits last just one or two weeks, which means you will quickly gain exposure to a variety of businesses. You will also build valuable client experience, developing the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective auditor and trusted business adviser. Alongside your work, you will receive first-class professional training as you study for completing the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) qualification, which will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services.
As a graduate in our Assurance & Business Services team your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks
- Developing an understanding of our clients and their business portfolios
- Keeping senior stakeholders informed of project updates
- Becoming familiar with our audit and accounting software
- Resolving queries, whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
Successful applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Committed to completing the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) qualification
- Accountancy experience, as part of education or work experience
- Obtained or predicted a minimum 2:2 honours degree, in any discipline
- Minimum 400 Leaving Certificate points (or equivalent)
- Leaving Certificate O2 or H5 in Maths and English (or equivalent)