Fund Compliance, AVP
Who we are looking for
Reporting to the Fund Compliance Vice President, the “FC AVP” is responsible for the management and supervision of the Fund Compliance Analysts for all aspects of day-to-day fund compliance monitoring, including the outsourcing location.
The key responsibility of the FC AVP is to ensure outstanding service to our clients, auditors and the Regulator (CSSF) in sync with a continuous improvement and evolution of the Fund Compliance team.
Achieving quality of service and maintaining the Department’s integrity are team efforts and the FC AVP needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure that other members of the team follow the same objective.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Compliance AVP you will be responsible for, amongst others:
- Operations Management – manage the whole day-to-day Fund Compliance process to ensure reports are completed with high accuracy (review of analysts work, take prompt action to correct problems, review breaches and impact calculation, prepares and reviews management reports etc.).
- Client Relationships – liaise with clients, attend calls and due diligences, respond promptly to client problems and requests while ensuring accuracy, timeliness and quality of client reports.
- Staff Management - take ownership of staff management tasks (performance appraisals, approval of vacation and overtime, advise staff regarding personnel policy, training and other Human Resources topics).
- Regulatory updates – being conversant with what is happening in the market and able to determine the impact on the Fund Compliance and implementing the necessary changes on time.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Be a champion in UCITS IV, Luxembourg Fund Industry and regulations, directives etc. pertaining to investment compliance monitoring.
- COMMUNICATION - Communicates effectively and efficiently with clients, colleagues, managers and other Departments.
- ORGANISATION - Shows good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines and to keep well-documented records.
- ABILITY TO RESOLVE COMPLEX PROBLEMS - Demonstrates the ability to analyze a problem and obtain and evaluate information to reach sound conclusions. Knows when to elevate a problem and keep management informed.
- RESPONSIVENESS - Provides timely and professional responses to all client related and internal enquiries.
- FLEXIBILITY - Shows a flexible approach to prioritize and execute tasks within an efficient time management.
- TEAM PLAYER - Functions at all times as a team player to build an atmosphere of co-operation within the group.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Finance or Banking or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in fund compliance
- Use and rule coding based on the automated Fund Compliance tool MIG21©
- Language: English (German and French would be a definite advantage)
- Experience working in Charles River
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.