Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance & Accounting team as a Bookkeeper. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide comprehensive, tailored financial information that enables clients to make informed decisions with confidence.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist with full cycle bookkeeping and payroll functions for MNP clients
- Prepare and maintain payroll and related government remittances/filings, recording of sales, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable, payroll and Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) transactions
- Set up client files and assist with the completion of budgets and administrative planning
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts including cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities and intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, discuss with supervisor or engagement partner to develop resolutions
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments and installments
- Work collaboratively and develop and maintain relationships with clients and team members
Skills and Experience
- Certificate or diploma in business administration or accounting is considered an asset
- 1 year of full cycle bookkeeping experience
- Experience working with cloud accounting software such as QBO and/or Xero is preferred
- QBO Basic, QBO Advance, Xero and other application certifications are considered an asset
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and processes
- Understanding of sales taxes (GST, PST, HST), payroll taxes and corporate tax
- Experience working with desktop bookkeeping software is beneficial
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.