About the role
As a Graduate Accountant at Arnold Clark, you’ll have the opportunity to gain experience over a three-year period in all areas of accounting, as you hone your skills to become a Branch Accountant.
From basic tasks such as cashiering, purchase and sales ledger and credit control, you’ll progress to more challenging areas such as management accounts production, profit forecasting and year-end accounting.
This role would be perfect for anyone keen to complete their ACCA qualification with a platinum-approved ACCA company and embark on a fulfilling career in accounting.
- Working closely with all branch employees, including Accounts, Admin and Sales.
- Learning all aspects of working within the Accounts department as part of the Arnold Clark Accounts Academy – from purchase and sales ledgers to the full Branch Accountant role.
- Combining workplace experience with classroom training at our dedicated training facility GTG.
- Learning key management skills.
- Working both independently and as part of a team on daily in-branch accounting tasks.
- Degree in Maths, Accounting or Business.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Willingness to learn and progress.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to your role.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Full UK driving licence, as some travel will be required.
As well as gaining practical experience and developing your accounting skills within an Arnold Clark branch, you will receive full ACCA study support, including tuition and revision courses on an award-winning online platform from one of Europe’s leading professional study providers.
In addition to extensive training, you will also enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Closing date 17th March 2023