Start your Accountancy or Tax career with Ellacotts!
Ellacotts has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Accountant and Trainee Tax Adviser to join our team based in Vantage House, Kettering. You will join us on a full time basis (37.5 hr per week) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus great company benefits!
Whether you are a school leaver or a graduate, Ellacotts can offer you an exciting start to your career in accountancy or taxation.
We provide the best possible training environment and, we have recently been recognised as a “One to watch” in the Best Companies to work for survey and one of the top 10 accountancy practices to work for in the UK.
Our comprehensive fully funded training programmes will prepare you for the business world of tomorrow, and you will learn the practical aspects of accountancy or tax whilst studying towards a choice of qualifications including AAT, ACCA, ACA, ATT or CTA.
Ellacotts is a market leading firm of accountants and tax advisers that provides specialist advice to farmers and landowners. Our strength comes from our understanding of the agricultural sector, and many members of our team have farming backgrounds. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team as trainee accountants.
The firm provides tailored audit, accounting, payroll, taxation and business advice across diverse sectors including academy schools, agriculture, landed estates, international, not for profit, property and development and professional services.
Ellacotts provides a friendly working environment, challenging client work and great career opportunities. Due to internal promotions and Firm growth, we are currently looking for a Trainee Accountant to join us on a full-time basis, working 37.5 hours per week. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join Ellacotts’ thriving rural business services team
What can we offer you?
We’ll start you on accounts preparation or tax preparation from day one! You’ll be assigned a workplace ‘buddy’ and be part of one of our specialist teams which are made up of Accounts and Tax professionals. The breadth and depth of work you will be exposed to will be much greater than many other practices as we firmly believe in a rounded and exceptional client experience which you will quickly be involved in.
You will combine study with the challenges of work with the full support of Ellacotts behind you. We’ll cover all training costs for your first exam sittings which include courses both residential and online, books, exams and access to knowledgeable and supportive tutors.
You will be able to apply your studies in real life situations supporting our clients so your studies become relevant for you. You will also have the opportunity to assist on a broad variety of assignments which give you a chance to visit client premises and add value in many ways.
The true benefit for working with Ellacotts is the culture and values driven environment which promotes sustainable development for all our talented people. This has generated fantastic careers from trainee to partner and everything in between.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution
- 22 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays (Increases on completion of exams)
- Use of our benefits platform
- Life assurance
- Flexible working Structure: Flex-e
- Private Medical Insurance, provided by Vitality
- Medical Cash Plan, provided by Health Shield
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Electric car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Enhanced Maternity
Our people are our most important asset and we fully support their professional and personal development every step of the way. As a member of our team, you will be challenged to perform to the best of your ability, rewarded for your hard work and encouraged to pursue your goals.
- Prepare client accounts based on information supplied by client
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns and other ad hoc reports as required
- Prepare time budget for tasks, assisted by supervisor
- Identify business advisory points for partner to raise with client
- Liaising with clients by telephone
- Drafting letters and other correspondence as required
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets
- Support the team with the production of their work
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Attend training and achieve success in your given qualification. Observing the guidelines laid out in your training agreement and training investment letters. Utilising the support and guidance offered by the firm.
- Preparation of simple tax returns
- Assist with administration tasks as necessary to support the team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and consider the bigger picture
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- A-levels or equivalent
- Live within commuting distance of Kettering